I Dreamed A Dream Of A Requiem While 'Misbehavin

Since I haven't done a personally written post in a long while, (they've mostly been uploads from my phone and the such) I want to write a couple of things. I had the worlds worst dream last night, here is my recollection of the dream that I typed when I woke up:

January 04, 2011 8:45:42

had a dream last night that i got punched in the face. I was hanging out at a latin club dancing and then I was hanging out on the side of the dance floor and this guy grabbed my hand (straight guy) and wouldn't let go. I popped his hand with my cell phone and he still wouldn't let go. He was whining about how hard I hit his hand but then refused to let go. Next thing I know Eric (the kid who turned out to be a murderer from my high school check here for reference) was punching me in the face. Skip to a family function at my parents place and i have this black eye and I'm totally ashamed of walking around with it so I just stay in one place. Uncle Gill and Aunt Carol are there and they won't even speak to me which really really hurts. I get stares and unfortunate nods from others. Then when the gathering quiets down I'm at a table with my sister Cara and my mom and Cara suggests that I should pray later. I tell her that I've completely abandoned the idea of any god and she freaks out and says that the reason I got punched was because of it.


such a lovely barrage of images to wake up with don't you think?

Anyway, these next couple of months are going to be really busy for me. Rehearsals start pretty soon for the next HMC show 'Misbehavin. On top of that HMC is combining with the KC Women's Chorus to perform Faure's Requiem! I'm almost more excited about that performance. Here's the most famous part of the piece that you might have heard before, the sanctus.



AND on top of all of that I'm singing in a show (that I just realized they're selling tickets too...and making a big night of the whole shebang) called "Hometown Cabaret". Here's the description from the HMC site:

Come to the Cabaret, old chum!

Enjoy an intimate cabaret show starring the HeartAches and individual soloists from HMC, complete with wine and decadent desserts. This evening is a fund raiser for the HMC GALA Fund, which provides assistance for Chorus members to travel to the GALA Choruses Festival.

Guests may also choose to attend a private dinner at a Chorus member's home before the show (the Chorus office will contact you to arrange dinner details).

Homegrown Cabaret
Friday, February 11, 2011
Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral, Founder's Hall
13th Street and Broadway, Kansas City, MO

Doors open at 7:30 pm; show begins at 8 pm
$20 (show only); $50 (dinner and show)


Order tickets online

so just as a hint: I'm singing Rufus Wainwright's "This Love Affair" at that show. Here's a vid of my future ex-boyfriend singing (his song) that I'm doing.

Comments

Popular Posts