Re: Support HB 217 to Protect Youth from Conversion Therapy

Thank you Deb Conroy!



Dear William:

Thank you for reaching out to me about House Bill 217.

I am currently co-sponsoring House Bill 217 to ensure that the mental health of young people is not harmed by dangerous conversation therapies. The American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Academy of Pediatricians, and numerous other medical, professional, and not-for-profit groups reject conversion therapy for youth as well.

House Bill 217 passed committee and is awaiting a full House floor vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this very important issue. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will contact me if you would like to discuss this or any other issue facing the state.

Sincerely,

Deb Conroy
State Representative
46th District

Comments

Popular Posts