Sen. Duckworth Responds To My Letter RE: Secure Elections Act


Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on S. 2261, the Secure Elections Act. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.
The U.S. Intelligence Community confirms that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered directives to influence the 2016 United States Presidential Election. While there is no evidence that actual votes were changed, Russia's cyberattacks against the United States were clearly designed to influence the election outcome. Multiple investigations examining this matter are still ongoing. However, Congress must make real efforts to safeguard our Nation from future cyberattacks and foreign efforts to improperly influence our elections.
The Secure Elections Act aims to protect Federal elections against cybersecurity threats. I support this bill as it enhances information-sharing protocols between Federal and State agencies. Agencies would flag cyber threats and share defensive practices to overcome adversarial cyber operations. Senator James Lankford of Oklahoma introduced this bipartisan bill, which currently is awaiting action in the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration. 
As your Senator, I am committed to supporting bipartisan legislation that strengthens the defensive capability of our elections systems and deters foreign cyberattacks. For example, I am a proud cosponsor of S. 27, which would establish the Commission to End Russian Interference in United States Elections to prevent the re-occurrence of interference. Rest assured, I will continue advocating for pragmatic solutions that prepare agencies to defend against cyber threats in our elections.
Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.
Sincerely, 
Tammy DuckworthUnited States Senator
Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended.
To share your thoughts, please visit my webpage.





 


Comments

Popular Posts