Tammy Duckworth Responds To My Letter Regarding The Criminal


  
 Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me about President Donald Trump. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns. As your United States Senator, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. A critical component of this constitutional responsibility is conducting oversight of the Trump administration to make sure it complies with our Nation’s Constitution, laws and values. 
Federal law is clear. When a member of the Intelligence Community seeks to provide Congress with an authorized and protected whistleblower disclosure alleging serious or flagrant problems; abuse; or a violation of Federal law or regulation; that whistleblower must first submit the disclosure for review to the independent Inspector General of the Intelligence Community.
If the Inspector General determines that the whistleblower disclosure is credible and a matter of “urgent concern,” the law requires the Inspector General to forward the whistleblower complaint to the Director of National Intelligence within 14 days of making that determination. The Director of National Intelligence must forward it to the appropriate congressional intelligence committees within 7 days of receipt. This legal requirement is clear and unambiguous.
Recently, the Inspector General reviewed a whistleblower complaint related to President Trump and determined that the whistleblower report was credible and a matter of “urgent concern.” As required by Federal law, the Inspector General forwarded the whistleblower report to the Director of National Intelligence within 14 days. Alarmingly, the Trump administration ordered the Director of National Intelligence to violate Federal law in refusing to forward the whistleblower report to the appropriate congressional intelligence committees.
The Trump administration violated Federal law. No President is above the law. In fact, every President of the United States has a constitutional responsibility to take care that our laws are faithfully executed. That is why the U.S. House of Representatives must exercise its constitutional authority to conduct an impeachment inquiry of President Trump’s alarming cover up and swiftly determine whether impeachment is required.
As your Senator, I respect that the U.S. House of Representatives is entrusted with the sole authority to make an impeachment determination. Since the United States Senate is given the sole authority to hold a trial to convict any individual that is impeached, I will closely monitor activities in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should a majority of the lower chamber vote to impeach the President.
Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.
Sincerely,
Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator
Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended.
To share your thoughts, please visit my webpage.


Comments

Popular Posts