Blogging Past And Present

I've had a love hate relationship with blogging. I used to be completely obsessed with blogging when I had my own domain. That domain ohthebill.com has been through many different incarnations. Most of the incarnations have had a journal or some type of blog, starting in 2001. Check out this link to give you an idea of how much of this is online. I think alot of people don't realize that when you acquire a domain, or even a blog, everything....I mean....everything that you post online will be there for your lifetime and past your lifetime. I had to learn this lesson the difficult way in an episode that involved a teacher, a blog post that I copied an email of a friend, and interstate law enforcement. Nothing ever happened as a result of that story but it certainly freaked the hell out of me. Now I put privacy controls on my blog, and on facebook because you never know who is going to be reading the crap that (me, everyone) posts online. If I ever write in a negative light about someone I make sure that my story is not only factually correct, but most of the time I decline to even make a comment. The last personal comment I made about a specific comment was actually in the last post about the bigot I work with.

Looks as if Vince and I are going to be staying in Kansas City for Christmas and New Years. I'm the new guy on the totem pole at work, so I really can't request a big night like NYE so soon. I know this for sure, I sure am going to request the weekend, plus a couple of days when we go camping next year in Colorado. A bunch of my old college friends are getting together, coming from all corners of the country to get together for a rockin camping weekend. I'm getting excited about that, but it's not for about six months. Speaking of time, Vince reminded me the other day, that in about 3 months into 2010 it's going to be a year that we'll be together. I love him so much, this relationship is the best I've ever had...it's everything that my past relationships weren't. I know inside we'll be together forever.Here's a pic of us walking in Chicago...I love this pic.

Comments

Popular Posts