Classical Sundays

Since I cannot fathom football or really any type of organized sports, it's always fallen to me to find something else to do on Sundays. I love browsing youtube to find random pieces of music to inspire. So I've developed a tradition on Sundays that usually involves blasting choral music for instance the finale of Mahler's 2nd Symphony.



or Leontyne Price and Simon Estes in Aida (stunning)



or turn the volume WAY up with this finale from Gotterdammerung (anything Wagner or Mahler takes my breath away)



here's a quote from one of the people who made a comment on this on youtube:
The gold standard of all rings both now and forever. With Solti, Nilsson, and the world's best, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, sheer perfection was reached. No other recording will ever equal this one....

speaking of perfection...I think this is my ultimate favorite piece of music ever. Verdi's Requiem. More specifically "Libera me" as sung by the gorgeous Renee Fleming. This makes me cry



actually here is a MUCH better version of the Libera Me by Fleming: (those who aren't familiar with this might recognize this sequence that was played at Princess Diana's funeral)

Comments

Popular Posts