My mom is dead. This guy thinks it's a hoax. Now Trump is thanking him?

This is just heartbreaking:

Everytown for Gun Safety
William --
Our movement will face some serious challenges when Donald Trump and his friends at the NRA head to Washington, but this is one I wasn't expecting.
Our president-elect is cozying up to Alex Jones -- the Infowars radio host promoting the conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook School shooting was a hoax.
Click here to automatically sign my open letter below asking President-elect Trump to denounce Alex Jones >>
Dear President-elect Trump,
My mother was shot and killed at Sandy Hook School four years ago, along with five of her colleagues and 20 first-graders. Since then, radio host Alex Jones has fanned the flames of a hateful conspiracy theory claiming that the shooting that took my mother's life never happened.
I'm asking you to denounce it immediately and cut ties with Alex Jones and anyone who subscribes to these dangerous ideas.
You’ve appeared on Jones' radio show, praised his "amazing" reputation, and promised him that you "won't let him down". Now he’s claiming you’ve personally called to thank him after the election, and will be on his show again soon. It's unacceptable.
My life changed forever when I lost my mother, as do the lives of the families of the 91 Americans shot and killed and hundreds more injured every single day. You've promised to be a president for all of us. Well, that includes victims of gun violence and their families, like me. I hope that you will not only refuse to go on his show, but that you will denounce the conspiracy theories that he spreads at the expense of gun violence survivors.
-- Erica Lafferty, daughter of Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, shot and killed at Sandy Hook School
Please click here to sign on to my letter if you agree.
-- Erica

Comments

Popular Posts