Response from My Rep In Congress: Raja Krishnamorthi





RAJA KRISHNAMOORTHI
8TH DISTRICT, ILLINOIS
515 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

Telephone: (202) 225-3711
Fax: (202) 225-7830
1701 East Woodfield Rd, Suite 704
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Telephone: (847) 413 1959
Fax: (847) 413-1965

www.krishnamoorthi.house.gov




Congress of the United States // House of Representatives // Washington, DC 20515



COMMITTEE ON
OVERSIGHT & GOVERNMENT REFORM


Subcommittees
Health Care, Benefits,
And Administrative Rules
Ranking Member

Information Technology
COMMITTEE ON
EDUCATION AND THE WORKFORCE


Subcommittees
Higher Education and
Workforce Development

Workforce Protections
August 24, 2018


Mr. William Rosen
-----------------------
-----------------------

Dear Mr. Rosen:

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns regarding the use of torture.  I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Both U.S. and international law unequivocally ban the use of torture under any circumstances. America's past use of "advanced interrogation techniques" impacted our reputation worldwide. Additionally, a Senate investigation into CIA practices found that torture failed to provide critical or life-saving intelligence during the decade following 9/11.

America has long stood as a beacon of hope throughout the globe. We have a moral obligation to continue to act according to the high standards of our own laws and the laws of international cooperation.  We can address national security concerns to keep Americans safe without resorting to the use of torture.

From my position on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, I will do everything in my power to ensure the President's Administration is accountable to the American people.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will continue to keep me informed regarding issues that concern you.  I encourage you to visit my website at krishnamoorthi.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to receive periodic updates on my activities as your Congressman in Washington, D.C.
Sincerely,
(signed)
Raja Krishnamoorthi
Member of Congress
RK/GC

Comments

Popular Posts