Rep Krishnamoorthi Responds To My Letter RE: Coronavirus and Federal Judicary

March 5, 2021


Mr. William Rosen
-----------------------
-----------------------

Dear Mr. Rosen:

I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy during our country's efforts to stem the spread of the coronavirus and thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on modernizing the federal judiciary. I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

The judicial branch is an integral part of our government, and it essential for the process of solving disputes between the legislative and executive branches of our government. In March 2019, the judicial branch implemented new accountability rules to strengthen the standards of conduct for judges and to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse.  

As a former practicing attorney, I support expanding ethics requirements for justices, which is why I am a proud cosponsor of the Supreme Court Ethics Act. This legislation would hold the Supreme Court accountable to the same ethics rules as other federal judges around the nation. I appreciate you contacting me regarding this issue, and I will keep your thoughts in mind should additional legislation relating to the judicial branch come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will continue to keep me informed regarding issues that concern you.  I encourage you to visit my website at krishnamoorthi.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington, D.C.
Sincerely,
(signed)
Raja Krishnamoorthi
Member of Congress
RK/ZS

Comments

Popular Posts