Work, Family and Haiti

Well one chapter in my life has officially ended. Do you remember the bigot? Well it turns out that he was fired because I don't even know what happened...I try not to pay to much attention to him. So anyway, I hear through the grapevine that not only when he got fired he couldn't just be honorable and take responsibility for himself. He had to take others with him. So what he did was call the regional manager (going over the GM in our store's head) and told him about my relationship with Vince, and also another managers relationship with a woman. So apparently there is some rule about managers co-habitating and both the girlfriend of the other manager and I were summarily fired. Last day...tonight. So, as a result I'm feeling a bit melancholy. It took me a long time to find the job that I was at, and now it's back to the grind. The other thing that bites my ass is that a bigot was instrumental in getting me removed from this job. I should feel at least good about myself that I did the best that I possibly could at that job, and I left with integrity and will get a good recommendation.

On another topic altogether, my best friend John is in the hospital. He's doing so much better....there was some scary moments with him. He went in for a spine surgery on his T-7 vertebrae and the initial surgery was successful but there was a point where the nurse when in to wake him up and he wasn't responsive. So they called a Code Blue, and had to do some chest compressions to recessitate him. His blood pressure was 40 over 17 if that gives you any idea of the severity of the situation. Anyway, he's recovering well in the rehab part of KUMed and is on his way to a speedy recovery.

Another thing that I should mention is that I got an email from my mom the other day and she told me that my brother Thom is going down to Haiti to help tend to the wounded down there. That news brought a flood of emotion through me. I am so overwhelmingly proud of him and the friends that went with him. Words can't express how proud I am of him. It's a mixture of pride and just a general concern and worry about his safety. It's gotten me quite emotional and every time I talk about it or think about it I get all choked up because I love him so much and I want him to be okay and make the biggest contribution to the most hopeless situation I can ever remember. I just send out my positive energy to him, and send him love and all the energy I can muster. I'll keep on writing about his experience. I know for sure that he borrowed my other brother Mike's video camera, so he'll have some footage when he gets back. I'm sure it's going to be a life transformitive experience. I can't even imagine. I am so enormously proud of my entire family and am filled with gratitude that I have such a group of people that I love so much.

oh ya,....oh my god I can't believe it....my friend Chris asked me to go to the E L T O N J O H N concert on Feb 27th! Thank you buddha for that!

Comments

Popular Posts