A Jihad For Love



ala Netflix. We have both the DVD rental and the streaming online feature and I just watched this online and it really was an amazing movie. I'm torn between feeling a sense of solidarity with my gay Muslim brothers and sisters and feel that being rejected for the love that we innately feel not only on a society level but also on a religious and personal level. I thought it was not surprising to find gay people feeling the same thing that every person on the planet feels, love for another human being, and feeling wanted, to be accepted by their families, and society. Nothing is different. What I mean is that all over the planet people want the same thing, to love someone and have that love given back. I feel so horrible for the people that today, in my country, and countries around the world who are killed, either by a process or by human fear.

Today there was a demonstration at the White House, apparently that happened at noon right as Gibbs was hosting the press corps in the rose garden. There was a question about it and Gibbs blew it off as is his trademark when is comes to gay 'anything' Here's the question and subsequent blow off keen readers of this blog will remember that I mentioned Gibbs in another blog entry not that long ago, about this exact topic, and what did Gibbs do with that question? Blew it off. Anyone see a trend? I'm starting to believe that nothing is going to happen, there aren't going to be any changes with DADT I should use Madame Speaker Pelosi's statement in response to demonstrations at her office:
Drew Hammill, Speakers Spokes: “The Speaker believes passing ENDA is a top priority, and hopes that we can bring ENDA up as soon as possible. That being said, the right time to bring the measure to the floor will be when we have the votes.”
anyone who has a sliver of common sense knows that is spokesperson speak for 'thanks for coming and demonstrating you gays but we'll get to you when we have the votes. Dan Savage pretty much sums up my exact train of thought when it comes to this subject

Comments

Popular Posts