Emmylou Harris tonight

Hi Bill!

I wanted to say hello to you because it has been a while since we've communicated. How are things? Things are good here in Decatur. I feel like it has been forever since I've spoken to you, and I thought I'd start by e-mailing and saying hello. Not much too crazy going on. I've been thinking of you and hoping things are going well for you. And to be completely honest, a case in the OR today is really giving me some perspective on life. I'm teaching clinicals in Springfield at Memorial Hospital, which is a level 1 Trauma/burn Center. We have a patient there who about 2 weeks ago tried to commit suicide by dousing herself with gas and starting herself on fire. Needless to say, she lived, but suffered 90 percent burns over her body. I have been working in the OR for a while now, and really not much bothers me. This case today did. She should not be alive according the the docs, and I saw her today, and all I could do was pray for this poor lady and thank god for all of the gifts in my life. She looked like no human should look, and I guess it made me want to say hello to my family and tell you that I love you. I hope things are well for you and I'd love to talk to you. I'll be up at mom and dad's starting Wednesday night. Cara and the girls will be up there starting tomorrow. Give a call if you can and be sure and take care.
I love you bill.

Mary
I love my family so much, sometimes I just can't handle it. Makes me be thankful for what I have. And for the time I have contemplating what my next moves are going to be in this midwest city I call home now. Why am I still in the midwest? or in the United States for that matter?

Comments

Popular Posts