Senator Duckworth Responds to My Letter RE: Deb Haaland For Secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI)

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Congresswoman Deb Haaland to be Secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI). As a supporter of Congresswoman Haaland nomination to this key Cabinet-level position, I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns.

Americans deserve a DOI Secretary who will protect our Nation’s public lands and natural resources. As the coronavirus pandemic has led to record visitation numbers for our public lands, the DOI requires strong and thoughtful leadership during this critical time. Additionally, the incoming Secretary will play a vital role in upholding the Federal Government’s responsibilities to Indian tribes and Alaskan Natives, communities that have been especially devastated by the pandemic.

As your Senator, I am committed to reviewing every nomination that requires Senate confirmation fairly and thoroughly. Given Congresswoman Haaland’s proven record of protecting the public lands and national monuments, I am confident that she is prepared to effectively lead the DOI. Moreover, as the first-ever Native American Cabinet Secretary, Congresswoman Haaland will bring critical experience to her role as Secretary of the Interior. For these reasons, I support and will vote to confirm Congresswoman Haaland’s nomination to be Secretary of the Interior.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.


Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator

Comments

Popular Posts