02/17/01

[Editors note: I am reading through these journal entry and I just have to laugh at how supremely naive I am at nearly every point possible...it's weird how you can't go back to that point, but you can remember where in your brain you were. I hope that made sense]

Libra,February 16, 2001 Mix business with pleasure and be creative in your approach to projects. You need to do a few things for yourself. Get out and get involved in some of those hobbies you enjoy. You need an outlet for your stress. You can make new friends if you do a bit of traveling. You'd better finish off those domestic chores you've left undone.
Scorpio,February 16, 2001
Finish projects regardless of the help you get. Emotional blackmail may be used by your mate. Put a little pizzazz into your work. Your extra efforts will be appreciated. You need to spend some time getting yourself back into shape. Shopping will be enticing. Love will blossom.

Well, a couple of things. I just told Richard not twenty minutes ago that I wanted to go shopping, that because of the good news that I finally got a job, I wanted to reward myself and I wanted to go to the mall and buy myself a cd or something, buy something, because you know what, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me! No, I'm just getting a little big of cabin fever today, it's a beautiful day out, and I need to do a bunch of errands, namely pick up my check from Spherion, I have two rolls of film that I want to get developed, we need to buy some groceries for the house, stuff like that. There's a great picture of Richard that I stole from Chris Michaels webpage, so I suppose that I should give him credit for it, even though it's Richard's picture, but to receive it, you gotta give it right? So here is Chris Michaels business website, and here is my beautiful MAN! That's his professional picture, the one that he sends to all of his professional people, for the promotional materials, programs bio's etc. Isn't that such a great picture? I just love it, all in his tux and everything. The other great thing about yesterday was that I got the receipt from the Circuit Court of DuPage county,t thank you jesus, I got that back, so now I need to make copies of both that receipt and the receipt that I have from the courthouse from downstate Illinois, and send those to the Secretary of State, of Illinois, so they can clear up my license and I can finally get a Missouri license. That'll be the biggest day that I have here, I am going to have a job, a drivers license, WOO HOO. I know that may not sound like a big deal, but for a person who's had a suspended license for the longest time, and for a person who's been unemployed for the longest time, those are two major things. I knew moving here would be a good thing for me. You know how you sort of know in what direction you're moving, but you don't know where you're going? That's how I felt when I first moved to Kansas City, I knew that I was moving in the right direction, but until it becomes tangible, until I really STOPPED smoking, until I really started to look for a job, it didnt' really appear to me. That's what I guess the lesson is, is that you have to start moving along the path, and give a big leap of faith, and then it will all appear to you. I love it. Even though I think I already knew that lesson, and I have learned that a long time ago, it was very obvious to me in the last couple weeks. I was reading the little booklet that Richard gets every month, and it has a little saying for every day, a little "spiritual mind treatment" (that's what this church calls prayer) and I thought that the one for today was especially appropriate for my life, as I am a singer and a performer so here it goes:
"Knowing my senses cannot know Truth, but only facts, I place the power of my focus and attention on Spirit. It indwells me each and every moment. God, the Creator, is all there is. My spiritual work is to know God; it begins within and radiates outward into my world.
I sing the song of goodness and love. Spirit brought me into life; It birthed, animated, and energized me. I am God singing Its song of Joy! It is always with me. The Indwelling Life is living as me and singing through me as delight and bliss. my indwelling song is the Glory of God. My joy is sharing and giving back to Spirit through my talents, work, church, and experience.
In joyous reciprocity, I return the beauteous song God has sung to me, giving back to the Universe some of what It has so gloriously and lavishly shared. My life is jubilant and lively as I dwell on the sacredness of life and the beautiful song that Spirit sings as me. And so it is.
Whoop there it is.

Comments

Popular Posts