I Believe I Can Fly

Well a couple of things today, we had rehersal last night with the chorus, and I must say that we are sounding wonderful. There is a retreat that is planned for this saturday the 24th, for all day at the Broadway Baptist church in Kansas City, I don't know if I'll be able to go to that or not, it all depends if I can get a ride or not. I probably will, I hope I can, just because I don't want to be stuck and bored all day at home, not doing anything, plus I would love to go out on Saturday night. Richard is rehersing right now with this cello person, he's this young high school boy, I won't even go there. Anyway, I am excited about this concert, and, I keep on thinking about going back to Chicago for Easter and staying with Leila. I just spoke with David this morning, he said that he wasn't speaking with Ken, his ex-ex lover, who is now marrying a woman. That's such a long story I won't even get into it, but needless to say that they're apparently not talking to eachother anymore. More later. 02/21/01 4:40pm So anyway, I talked with the chexsystems people today and then after being on hold for about thirty minutes I finally spoke with someone. So, anyway I, of course, in my paranoid mind thought that it was going to be much worse than it was, the amount of the ONE check that I had was \\$36.37. I just couldn't believe it, I was telling Richard that I would have loved to know what the check that I wrote in 1989 for $36 was for. No matter, it just feels so good that I am finally taking care of this stuff, and after it's cleared up, which should be like thirty days, then I will never ever have this problem again, in my LIFE! I can apply for credit, I can apply for loans, and all this sort of stuff, and I'll have a job at Shook, which I plan to have for a long time, so this check thing is just a step in my master plan. It just feels good to have things rolling in a good direction. It really is amazing to have control over these things. I do have to say, that in Chicago, I felt (now, in retrospective I can say this) sort of out of control, even though I was living on my own, and living independently, I felt like my life was sort of spiraling out of control, I was unemployed, I was renting an apartment that I couldn't pay for, drinking all of my money away, smoking all of my money away, figuratively of course, but it's amazing once you become a non-smoker, and get control of these sorts of things, you wonder how they ever got out of control in the first place, and I will consider myself totally lucky that I got control and just an awareness of them in general. Whoop there it is. I believe I can fly.

Comments

Popular Posts