april 4

Well not a lot today, there's been a couple of dissapointing things happening in the last couple of days. First of all, Richard was expecting to have a contract from the people that have been looking at the house, and nothing has happened with it. The people never called, never gave an explanation about why they never cancelled or anything. This has happened a couple of times and it's sort of disturbing because you get your hopes up, and then you're waiting and you're waiting, and nothing happens, so it just sucks. The other thing was that last night, I was trying to get Richard to open up to me, and talk to me, but he operates so differently than I, as he just bottles everything up, and processes things internally, and I want to help him so bad, it hurts me to think that he's hurting. Then again, I can only offer so much help. The other thing is that I think that he has so much on his mind because he's doing all these big shows, the DIVA DIVA DIVA show for church and then theres another one for the House of Menoohoo, or whatever it's called, and it's a charity concert that raises money for this Women's house, and that is getting down to the wire, and he's sort of pulling things out of the hat for that concert. PLUS, he went and saw his mother yesterday, and she wanted help researching some terminal cancer options. She wants to go further than the doctors have said, and start getting medication that is not approved by the FDA, from what I understand. So I know that he is preoccupied with that whole situation, PLUS selling the house is a huge deal, and that's an up and down up and down sort of situation. Very schizoid. I was telling Richard that I am going to go to the Kansas City Free Clinic today after work, because I am not feeling any better, and I still feel so bad, because I think that I might be making Richard sick. There's a mililon things going on, and I hate being sick and trying to deal with a bunch of these things. So I'll go to the clinic tonight and get some medicine. The last time I went, they helped me right away, and it was fabulous, because they gave me a bunch of drugs, and I loved it. I just got an email from Richard that said that they wrote a contract on the house and that he'll keep me posted. I thought that I would put a plug in for my baby's new business. He is starting a new email campaign that will go something like this:

"Common among the leaders of the most dynamic and powerful church musicprograms is the practice of enrolling musicians with skills which are very different from their own."



Richard Held & Company
To unsubscribe to this free service, please reply. Otherwise, please anticipate a helpful tidbit every week or so.
I told him that I thought it would be better if he would specify an exact time that he would send those out, because it just sounds more professional than "a week or so."
I need some amusement today so I am going to write another entry in the trio page about Tim and Julie's Wedding:


This is an email that I sent to Allison Garley. It's been so good to talk with her lately, and she's invited me and Richard to go to her wedding!

Alley,

This is Bill by the way, so anyway, let's just get this straight in our minds (or my multiple personalities, rather) are you inviting me to your wedding? I don't want to be presumptuous and say that you are, so I want to hear from you, or are you even at that point in inviting people to the wedding yet? I was talking with my man (Richard) and I was talking about your wedding weekend, because your wedding weekend, is a week after our one year anniversary! So we were planning on going to San Francisco for our anniversary anyway, so maybe (if you invite me) we'll do San Fran, and then hop up to your wedding, and just do a whole west coast thing while we're at it. Just let me know. Are you nearer to Seattle, or Portland, I always forget that, and how would you get to your house from the airport, are you close? I have sort of a vague recollection of what you and Kristin have said in the past, but I just don't remember.

anyway, let me know what you think,

B


And this is her reply

Hey,

Alley? As in back-alley? Anyhow, of course you're invited. What a nice friend I would be if I just told you about it but you couldn't come. And what perfect timing I have if you were going to be out here sort of anyhow. Yes, that's a Saturday. We do get "special rates" at the hotel where the reception is if you want to stay there for the reception. You are welcome to stay at our house any other night. Actually, you can that night too but you'd miss part of the party. We get the bridal suite, ohhhh. I'm sure you could maybe just crash in Kristin's room too if you want. And in answer to your airport question, yes, we are about 15 minutes from the airport. The planes fly right over our house all the time. We could surely come get you. The hotel (Marriott) is right near our house, about 5 minutes away. Right on the Columbia River. They have a big, big deck facing the river where the partay will be. You get a view of Mt. St. Helen's and of Mt. Hood. Lovely, lovely. Kristin is making the cake. Yum. So, that's it for now. Dave, Terese, and Aaron are invited too. I probably won't get the invitations out until May. My friend is going to design them. That is really it for now. Talk to you soon. Allison

and then I forwarded it to Richard, with this addendeum:


Richard,

This is my friend Allison, talking about her wedding plans, and all the events leading up to that. Do you still want to go? I think it would be brilliant. I was thinking of our conversation last night about your processing things inside your head, becaue I have been thinking about that a lot today, and I don't know what I've come up with, just that I want to be there for you, and I want to do anything that I can to help, it's just that I don't know when you need help because I can't tell. I remember telling you when we first got together you were hard to read, and you still are, I've just accepted that, and you. Did I tell you that the phone message that Mindy gave me last night, was from a collector guy wanting payment for a student loan? I, for some reason assumed the worst and thought that it was giong to be something about Chicago, or my deceased car or something like that, but it was no big deal, I just have to send them some money every month. So that was a really good thing, I'm taking care of that, too. Let me know what you think of the West coat tour, ( I thought that we might take a day and do San Francisco, and then go up to Oregon. It might be a bit expensive, to transfer and all of that, but I'll talk with Jeff and see if we can get some deals going ;-) I love you so much, and I realize that more every day, when we are apart, that I am so in love with you, and I want to be with you for the rest of my life, I AM ready and want to continue to have a committed relationship with you, and I DO aspire to the Dudley and John sort of thing. They totally remind me of "The Birdcage" of Robin Williams and Nathan Lane. Love it.

I am going to the free clinic after work. I think that I am going to leave a little bit early so that I can get there at 5pm. Doug gave me directions, and I'm not sure how long that'll take, it usually last about an hour or so. I'll be home after that, I love you!

B
Just a little sidenote, there IS a contract that is being offered on the house, I will talk more about that tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts