Oliver Button Is A Sissy

Well yesterday not too much happened. I came home a little bit late, because I stayed late at work, because I got there a little bit late, so I decided to stay late. So then I went to the Kansas City Library up by the plaza to see if I could find a form that I could fill out so I could file an extension on my taxes. That whole situation sort of irritates me, but whatever, I'll file an extension and just get it over with. So I got back and Richard was just working up a storm on the house. So my foot has been in total pain these last two days, and it's sort of freaking me out. Yesterday, Melissa at work, told me that my toe was definitely broken, and that there's nothing really that they can do about it. And then I was upstairs somewhere and then I came outside, because it was turning sort of dark, and I went out to sit with Richard, and Kathleen was there, and I showed it to her, and she said 'yes, probably is broke'. I was like, for the love of God. So my toe is broke, that's a realization that I've had to come to these past days. I don't know why, but it's like my whole foot is in pain, and then the pain shoots up my whole ankle, it's just not pretty. I just hope I didn't do any more damage to my whole foot or anything, that's all I need. Another episode that lasts a year, with my stupid foot. So anyway, when I go to the Free Clinic tomorrow, I'll just ask them for some pain medication, because this is killing, and I can't handle it. I can handle only so much pain. So that's the latest little episode of the drama. I had a dream last night that Richard and I were in a kitchen that had rows and rows of shelves of plates and glasses and all kinds of kitchen glass stuff, and Richard took a plate from the shelf and threw it on the ground, and it made me laugh. He would do it over and over again, and I would laugh and laugh. It sort of reminded me when I was a kid, my Momused to make popcorn in those old popcorn poppers that had the yellow plastic cover, and she used to put it on top of this little window that used to be dividing the living room from the kitchen (now it's a hallway in their house) and I used to sit on top of the chair and watch the popcorn pop and just laugh and laugh and laugh. It sort of reminded me of that for some reason. I've been commanding my mind to remember my dreams, because I love when I remember my dreams, it makes me feel good, and it's sort of crazy that the last two nights, I have remembered them. Last night was a good one, but Sunday night, I had a quasi-nightmare. I don't remember all of it, I just remember it was sort of bad, and that it was sort of like my parents were being really cruel towards me, and from what I remember, it was sort of like the stereotypical dream where the kid is sitting in the classroom and all the other kids are pointing towards him and laughing. It was sort of like that, but it involved my parents. Richard said that he thought it was somebody who represented a parental figure in my life, but I couldn't think of anyone who has been that cruel towards me. So I woke up on Sunday night, really upset, and I wanted to wake up Richard, but I decided not to, so I calmed myself down, and then fell back asleep, and then didn't remember any dreams that I had after that, on that night.
I got an email from Susan Peterson about getting this page finally updated. I think it will coincide with Richard giving Kendra a piano lesson. Anyway, here's the email:

Bill

I fully trust neither of us will make that mistake again...I have learned to save things too. No worries, no problem....Besides, my talk went fine that day...God's work. About the piano lesson....I left Richard my available times on his voice mail. I will give them to you also. Wed., Kendra has soccer practice from 5-6:30. We could do 6:30...you bring dinner. Thurs., I want to do a service at Unity in OP. which starts at 7pm. so Kendra could do a lesson from 4-6:30. Which ever works best with you and Richard...let me know. Wed eve does allow you more time on the computer cuz Kendra could just go to bed and you could work on the computer...actually, either could work cuz I could leave Kendra home on Thurs with you while I go to Unity.

Okay...now let me know your thoughts...
Love,
Susan

So, I'll have to talk to 'the man' and find out what the deal is with that. I would LOOOOVE to go and meet Richard there, and try to update at least this journal and make a April link on that first journal page, and then start the April journal. I'm sure that it'll just be April just like the other ones. Hopefully we can schedule that soon.

Another thing, we have rehearsal tonight with the chorus. I am going to sort of feel this one out, because I really would like to sing that Commissioned peice "Oliver Buttons Is a Sissy" because during the retreat they showed us a videotape of the peice with the Seattle Gay Mens Chorus singing it, with the author of the book narrating it along with the music, and it was powerful. It was sort of a "Billy Elliot" type of story, where this kid wants to be a tap dancer, and all the kids make fun of him. He enters this competition and his parents support him, and he wins third place in the competition, and his parents come to the show, and take him out for ice cream or something after it. It sounds simplistic in my description of it, but it's a really touching story. So, I would really like to check that out, and figure out if I want to sing this show or not. I think I will, I also want to check out all the songs that we're going to sing from the chorus' 15 year history. That should be interesting, to see what the concert is going to entail. I was talking with Richard and Kathleen last night, about auditioning for different groups, and Richard was saying that the best thing that I could do to help my sight-reading, and he said also that the best thing that I could do as a singer to help would be to study the piano. I would love to start studying. It's just that we talk about doing all of this stuff, and then we never follow through on it, and I would love to actually follow through on this for once. I would love to start studying the piano, like he said, it can only help in my singing ability. So two things, he hasn't heard anything from Melinda McDonald, and we are going over toSusan's on Thursday evening. He also decided to help me study the piano. I think it will be brilliant, and I really can't wait until we start doing that. We just have to schedule some time every week to help me. It'll be good to have a piano at my disposal anytime I want it.
I just talked with Terese and she is trying to get this Saturday off so we can hang out, but she might not be able to get out of work. No problem though, we'll just go and pick her up after she gets off of work. I told Terese that Allison Garleyis getting married in July, and she had no idea, so I thought it would be a good idea to tell her, because she needs to start making plans, and travel reservations and all of that. I just emailed Aaron to see if he was planning on going out to Allison's wedding, so we'll see if he is. I know that Terese wants to, so I just have to see if Aaron & Dave want to go as well. I just talked withDave and he said that he is NOT going to Allison's wedding, because Suzie Tulacka's wedding is the day before and he is not going to be able to make it to both weddings. So that makes Aaron, Terese, Richard & I, which is fine, it's the trio once again (with the addition of Richard.) Okay, so I'm sort of in a crunch here, so I'm going to try and see how these colors show up on the screen.


black #000000 (uh DUH)
BLUE
CADET BLUE
PINK
DARK SLATE BLUE
LIGHT BLUE
SLATE BLUE
SALMON
GREY
GREEN
DARK TURQUOISE
ORANGE
SPRING GREEN
AQUA MARINE
VIOLET RED
CYAN
MEDIUM SLATE BLUE
GOLD
NAVY
FIREBRICK
THISTLE
STEEL BLUE
MAROON
WHEAT
FOREST GREEN
SIENNA
ORCHID
SEA GREEN
LIGHT STEEL BLUE
TAN
MIDNIGHT BLUE
PALE GREEN
GOLDENROD
DARK GREEN
MEDIUM ORCHID
PLUM
DARK SLATE GREY
GREEN YELLOW
SANDY BROWN
MEDIUM BLUE
DARK ORCHID
RED
SKY BLUE
YELLOW GREEN
ORANGE RED
LIME GREEN
BLUE VIOLET
MAGENTA
CORNFLOWER BLUE
KHAKI
CORAL
INDIAN RED
BROWN
YELLOW
VIOLET
LIGHT GREY
WHITE
DIM GREY
TURQUOISE
check back with me and let me know if you have any comments.

Comments

Popular Posts