Poses

Well jeez, today couldn't have been a crappier day in terms of weather. It's just dark and rainy, and just overall not pleasant. There's really not much to report today. I asked Rick Fisher if I could give him the deposit for the Europe trip later this week because I just don't have the cash at this point in my life, I'll have it later this week, but he said that was okay, so I'll just send it in when I get a chance. Oh, I almost forgot, today is CR's birthday, it's the big 34. I sent her a card yesterday from work, so hopefully she'll get that in her new house. We also have a rehearsal for DIVA! DIVA! DIVA! concert for Richard's church today at our house. It's apparently the biggest fund-raiser of the year for the church, and it's going to be at the Fairmont hotel in Kansas City, which is a fabulous place to hold anything, but for the concert to be there, that is somewhat of a coup. Speaking of coup's :-) There are a couple that I want to mention, one is that Richard is getting an offer on the house today/tonight, nobody is exactly sure when the offer is going to come rolling in. So those people who are giving the offer came over last night, while I was on the phone with Dave and they wanted to look at the driveway, so apparently that is either going to be part of the offer, to fix the driveway, and then to paint the house. It all depends on the type of offer it is, because if it is an FHA offer, than they can't escrow the paint job, and the driveway, Richard has to get that done as quickly as possible. But if it comes back as a non-FHA contract, then they can escrow a bunch of money to get all that done, and then we can leave, and they can move in, and it can all be done quickly. So selling the house is the first coup of the week. The next coup is certainly a huge one, it would be the

Full Access to the POSES

I was actually thinking of making a exclusively Rufus page, but that might require a little bit more time that I have right now, so, we'll just keep that on the back burner at this point. But what I was trying to say in the heading up there, is (and I have to give credit due) that Dayvid sent me the new Rufus Wainwright album; it's called "Poses". Oh dear god, just typing this makes me jittery. So the album is so amazing, the track list is as follows:

Rufus Wainwright : POSES

1. Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
2. The Greek Song - (which he debuted at the Park West in Chicago, and we have a the bootleg of the debut!)
3. Poses
4. Shadows
5. California - (another track that is on the bootleg)
6. The Tower of Learning
7. Grey Gardens
8. Rebel Prince
9. The Consort
10. One Man Guy
11. Evil Angel
12. In a Graveyard

The album is just unbelievable. I have been listening to it non-stop since I got the cd in the mail yesterday. I have it at work, and am working on learning all of the lyrics. Love it! It's now all about the full access to the Poses!

So those are the two coup's that I have been thinking about today, it's really amazing, I love the concept of participating in a coup, and then bringing it to fruition.

As for this upcoming week, I really don't have anything substantial planned, I have the first rehearsal with the chorus next Tuesday on the 10th, for the new show, OUR FAMILY ALBUM so that should be fun. I'm very glad that we have a week off, because I don't know if I could handle going back today, after spending a week with everybody. I couldn't believe it, I printed out my calendar for the next two months, and I always like to have a tangible way of looking ahead, and not this upcoming Friday, but the next Friday after that I am going to back to Chicago and staying with Leila in Naperville, and then going to my parents house for Easter Sunday brunch. It's always a big deal for Easter, so I think that it will be a great time. I can't wait to see Sue and her pregnant self. I think that I am getting sick, and it sort of freaks me out. Richard and I were talking about this, that we both (either him, or me and him, or me) have been sick pretty much since we have been together, and I was thinking about that, and he was saying that Kathleen, his best friend, says that we're allergic to each other. I don't know what is happening, because I really never get sick EVER, and I have been sick more times this year, than I have been in the last couple of years, that I can remember. It's like what is going on? Well, I just emailed Michael Sullivan because I remember him saying that Spherion offers health insurance for there temporary employees, and I think at least I could ask him about it, and see what he says about it. It probably costs a huge amount of money, but as long as I can get something, so I can just go to the doctor at least once, and have them do a bunch of tests, and see what the sam hill is going on, then maybe it'll be worth it. I just hate to have to pay an obnoxious amount of money for one visit. Richard said that he went to the doctor, and got a whole physical, and he doesn't have any insurance, and he said that he is still paying on that bill, because there were so many tests on the thorough physical, that it was like a thousand dollars or something. It is raining, just pouring down rain, and hail, and everything. It's very dramatic. Shocking why I would like dramatic things like that.

Well, I just filled out two applications for permanent employment here at Shook, Hardy & Bacon. I filled out applications for (1) Legal Secretary - (2) Database Editor - (3) Accounting Payroll Clerk. So I inter-office mailed them to Heather Smith who works in the Administration Department and hopefully I will get some word back from her. I would love to become full time here, and maybe still work in the Accounting Office, but maybe if that's not in the cards, maybe I could work in another department. I'll just keep on thinking positively, and it will come to me. I also just emailed her too and she sent me this reply.
I will be looking for them! Thanks
so I thought that was a positive response. I just have to keep my fingers crossed, and hope that my contract with Spherion doesn't interfere with this process. I'm sure that they could hire me without a problem. I just got an email from Richard that said that he closed the door on Ahab's tail when they stopped on the way to his mother's house. He said that he'll call the vet tonight, and just speak with him, to see if everything is okay. How funny. He was going to go and visit his mom today, because she sent him an email that said that she wanted him to investigate treatments for her cancer; and cancer drugs that were on the front line of research and maybe weren't approved by the FDA. So he got concerned about her, and he wanted to go see her and talk with her. I saw it in your eyes, what I'm looking for. I just keep on thinking of that song, 'The Tower of Learning'. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I've just spoken to Richard and to Michael Sullivan and I don't think that I'll get the insurance, and just wait to see if they hire me at Shook. Whoop there it is.

Comments

Popular Posts