T-MINUS 2 DAYS AND COUNTING!

T-MINUS 2 DAYS AND COUNTING!
Well it's Wednesday, it seems like this week is dragging on and on, it's probably because I have something at the end of the week that I'm looking forward too. So anyway, Richard and I went to rehearsal last night and I was debating on wether I wanted to sing this show or not, and if there was any doubt in my mind, now it has all erased. The music that we are singing for this show, is just unbelievable.


The Circle of Life.........................................(The Lion King) - Elton John
One Voice (Sing for the Cure)............................................Joseph Martin
Parade..........................................................................Eric Lane Barnes
Bright Morning Stars are Rising....................................Arr. Paul Siskind
When I Fall In Love................................................James Q. Mullholland
Stouthearted Men.................................................Romberg/Hammerstein
We're Not Lost (Naked Man)..............................................Robert Seeley
Jabberwocky..........................................................................Sam Pottle
INTERMISSION

Pure Imagination.....................................................Briscusse and Newley
The Mission......................................................................Ennio Morricone
(Gabriel's Oboe/ Alleluia/ On Earth As It Is In Heaven)
Prayer of the Children...............................................................Kurt Bestor
Oliver Button Is a Sissy....Story and Pictures by Tomie dePaola/Music and Lyrics by Alan Shorter
Encore: Everything Possible
* Saturday's Performance will feature all of the above / Sunday's will be selections from this list.


I was sort of lukewarm about this show, but then when we started to sing some of the pieces, I just about fell out of my chair. It's going to be a really wonderful concert, with a wonderful message to kids, and in general. Some of the music was so powerful that even just reading through it last night brought me to tears. The Oliver Button musical number is amazing, it's phenomenal music, along with a narrator that reads the book along with the chorus singing behind him, phenomenal.
Leila is driving me nuts, because she keeps on asking for my travel plans for this weekend, when she knows that I'm a total worry-wort, and she does it specifically because she knows that I'm going to worry about it up until I get in her damm car on Friday. She sends me emails like this:
Leila0823@aol.com 04/11/01 01:13PM
I really hope I don't get too tired and forget.

I could just kill that girl. We are going to have so much fun, I'm sure that my journal is going to be filled with adventures in Chicago on Tuesday. I am so scared, not of Leila, or Yvette, or me. I am scared of all the people who have to be subjected to us. That's always the kicker. Well, I think Richard and I have come to some sort of quasi-agreement about the housing situation. Well that is if a lot of things happen, but he was talking about renting an apartment because this loft that he wants to buy, won't be available until January, so we were thinking of renting something (that would be mine) and living together, and sharing expenses until that loft becomes available, and then I would have the rest of that lease to run out, and renew it if I want to. I sort of liked that idea because it gave us the best of both world, it gave us some time living together, and it also gave us some time apart as well. So I think that balances brilliantly. But the thing about that is, that it is subject to IF he can get approved for the amount of the loft, and IF the loft hasn't sold already. So anyway, that's where we're at on that, it's really a day by day process, and it will probably change tomorrow, so go figure.
I talked with David last night and he told me that he was NOT going to attend Allison Garley's wedding, which I thought was disappointing. I know that Allison would have loved for him to come to the wedding, and I know that he would have loved to get out there. I think the schedule problem with him, and with Aaron is that Suzie Tulacka is getting married the day before Allison's wedding, and Suzie's wedding is in Illinois, and Allison's is in Oregon, and it's quite a logistical nightmare to be in Illinois one day, and then be in Oregon the next. So that's that. So it conceivable would be just Terese and I, that's how it looks at this point, because Aaron told me that he was going to go to Suzie's wedding too, but for some reason I think he might make it out to Oregon. Anyway, I know that some way or other, Richard and I are going to go, and we might go to San Francisco before or after, I'm not sure how that's going to play out. I would love to go to San Fran and then hop up to Oregon, that just sounds like a hoot. This show, and then Allison's wedding, it's like the next couple of months, oh, and then I just thought about this; next summer (2002) the Heartland Mens Chorus is going to be going on a European Tour, so really, my next whole year (give or take a couple of months) is planned. CRAZY! I never would have thought that would have happened, and I would have so many plans in place when I moved to Kansas City for some reason I thought I would just take it sort of slow, and then sort of build up my plans, but oh no! It's sectional this week, and then concert the next week, and then a concert in Chicago later that week, and then Allison Garley's wedding in Portland, the next month. It's just sort of overwhelming. I was talking with Richard about going to see the Rufus Wainwright concert on May 13 (which is by the way, Mothers Day, and my Mom's birthday.) So anyway, I was saying that if I decide to drive up to Chicago, then I'm just going to drive all night after work on that Friday, hang out with Dave for the weekend, and then come back I guess right after the concert on Sunday. I should probably take that Monday off of work, just to leave any possibility of anything going wrong open at work. I should think about requesting that day off soon. Anyway, I'm listening to the"POSES" right now, and it's truly a magnificent album. I just can't get over the fact that we have an advanced copy of it, before like 98% of the population. LOVE IT LOVE IT! So Richard and I are going to go to Susan Peterson's tomorrow and finally I can update this page. I have so many journal entries, for the end of March and then April, both of my mailboxes from guillaume773 and chupacabra816 on hotmail are totally full, and I keep on getting these messages from Hotmail that say: "Your account size is too large, you have this many days to trim your account size to 2,048 bytes", and if you don't then hotmail will go in and delete things so it goes down to the size limit. But then I delete stuff, or forward it up to chupacabra816, on hotmail, and then I get messages from THAT account that say the account size is too big, so I can never win. Maybe (and I just thought about this) I should forward everything to chupacabra816 at WebTV. There's an idea. That's why I love this journal so much, because I get so much stuff out that I normally wouldn't even think about, and then it sparks ideas that are wonderful. Brilliant! I am leaving early today so that I can go to thefree clinic and get those test results. I know that everything is going to turn up fine, but what I'm most concerned about is my stupid toe. I hope they can give me something for that. So I have to leave early, so that I can get there. I also have to pack tonight for my lovely trip to the good ol Chicago on Friday. That's all for today kids. Please let me know if you need anything, or have any fabulous comments to add to this journal, or the whole experience for that matter.

Comments

Popular Posts