The Day that Bill hydrates himself.

(The Day that Bill hydrates himself.)
Oh dear god, how do I even start describing the weekend in Chicago. I guess you start with the beginning. So I left work, and Richard picked me up out in front, and then took me to the airport. He just dropped me off at the airport because he had to deal with the townhouse. So I went to the gate or whatever, and they weren't even checking people in because it was like 5pm, and my flight wasn't until 7:10 or whatever. So, I just hung out for a while, and then I saw Ruth, who was walking aimlessly around the terminal gates, so I called out to her "Ruth" and she said that she was early to pick someone up at the airport, who was coming in soon. So we sat down and chatted for a while, it was nice to have someone to talk with while we killed time. So anyway, I checked in at the gate, and it was not long after that I got on the plane, and flew to Chicago. So the plane lands, we taxi up to the gate, and the plane stops, parks, and then all the people get up and stand in the aisles, and then we wait. The little jetway that comes up to the plane, wouldn't work, so we had to transfer to another gate. So, I was just worrying about Leila, because Leila was picking me up, and if we were late, then it would freak her out, and so on and so on. So we taxied to another gate, and then finally got off the plane. It wasn't too bad, it was like twenty minutes or something. So, in this new Midway terminal, you have to walk around the whole old terminal, to get to the new terminal, and it's a long walk, so I finally get outside and look for Leila, and she's like right in front of me, it was brilliant. Leila and I always have good luck when it comes to her picking me up from the airport. She's always right there. So we go South on Cicero, and I was like "Wow, they've changed this whole area around a lot, there's a new Home Depot, there's a new restaurant.....LEILA, I think we're going the wrong way!" and of course, we were. We were supposed to go North on Cicero. OH THE LEILA So anyway, we got back to Naperville, and Brad and his little son was there, and we hung out there, and had a couple of beers, and I made thirty phone calls, and then not long afterwards we left to go out to the bar.

Leila and Bill travel to "The Lantern". Leila puts songs in the jukebox, and we say we're going to leave after those songs, because the bar that we're in is so packed and so full of yuppie mf's that we're over it. So we never leave, we got a seat at the bar, and then the Modaff walks in, and he immediately goes to Leila, because they have had a past together *cough* so he is already all...feeling on Leila and the such. So Leila introduced the Modaff to me, and he says "oh yeah, you're the guy that was breaking glasses the last time I saw you, you're crazy!" and I was like yeah, whatever. So, Modaff was fine with me in the beginning of the evening, but then apparently turned on me, and was annoyed with me, and I was just as annoyed with him. So, during this time, Leila and I were just consuming the shots of tequila. I don't know why we keep on going back to the tequila, it never fails to wipe us out the next morning. It's so illogical for us to keep on doing this, and expect a different result. Isn't that the EXACT definition if insanity? I do believe it is. So, the bar is closing, and Modaff is still annoyed with me, and then (I just have to say that I remember leaving the bar, and taking the car keys away from Leila, but why I did that, not sure) Modaff apparently asks Leila if we can give him a ride home, and she agrees, so now I am driving Leila's car, and Modaff is in the front seat, and Leila is in the back of her car, but the back of her car is filled with computer monitors, and just filled with crap, so Leila has to climb all over the crap, in order to get in the backseat. So I slammed on the brakes once, because there was something in front of us, a rabbit or something, so I did it once not on purpose, but I was so amused at the fact that Modaff like 'lurched forward' when I hit the brakes, I started doing it more often, and one of the most vivid memories of the end of that night was Modaff saying "If you do that again, I'm going to get out of the car" and I said, "well, okay" and promptly slammed on the brakes even harder this time, and Modaff got out of the car, and slammed the door, and then was running along the side of the road. Leila and I turned around, and then saw him walking down the road. It was actually sort of a funny site. So then Leila and I went on a search for a place that was open to get some food, and we eventually wound up at the El Centro, right on Ogden road, and got burritos and then promptly went home. Woke up, with a vice on my head, and it was just horrible, but then the hangover went quickly away, I don't know why that happened, but it just did.

Saturday day; Leila and I went to my parents house, us both having dark sunglasses on. So we were hanging out, and Jeff came over to my parents house, and it was so good to see him, but he had some shocking news. As it turns out, he asked me if I knew Glen Schlikas, and I said, of course I knew who he was, and he said that Glen was at the car dealership, signing papers, and then just dropped dead. They did an autopsy, and there was no drugs, no alcohol, nothing. The paramedics came within three minutes, and tried to revive him, and they couldn't, he was dead on arrival. HOW SHOCKING! I wanted to go to the wake on Monday, but there was nothing I could have done about that, because my flight was later that afternoon, and I didn't want to go alone, and everybody who was going to go, was going after work. It was quite the shocking news. Glen Schlikas was in Mary's class, so that means he was a year older than I was, he was 27 years old. Just shocking.

So Jeff andLeila and I hung out with my parents, but Leila had to get back to her house, because she was going out to church, and she had to pick up her cousin Vanessa at her house in Naperville, and I had to get back there also, because I had to change for the night's festivities. So Jeff and I went back there, and met Leila, and we hung out there for a while, and then Jeff and I went back to Lombard to pick up Aaron. So we picked up Aaron, and then headed to the city, then we stopped in Wicker Park, to pick up Jeff's friend Nicole, who works at that hair cutting place, I forget what it's called, it's right on Belmont and Clark, you know, the famous place. So we pick up Nicole, and then go to this little Tapas bar right next to the Villa and that was just a fabulous meal. We all took a cab back to Wicker Park, and met Terese and Leila at the Holiday Club, which was fabulous. I thought that I might have a link to the Holiday Club on the Chicago page, or perhaps even the Links page, but I'm not sure. So we hung out, and Leila and I were so weary from the previous night, that we didn't think that we could have drank very much on Saturday night, but oh no, we stayed true to our rock star status, and drank like total fools. So, of what I remember of that night, I remember being at the Holiday club, and Vanessa being a total bitch, and then some people leaving to go to another bar, and then Terese and Leila and I stayed at the Holiday club, for a while, and then left to go to the other bar, I forget it's name. So Terese and Leila and I walked into the other bar, and there was a lot of people in that bar too, so we just hung out at the end of the bar. Then I noticed that on this seat, there was a tiger-print/fur/- boa, that I promptly put around my neck, it felt just fabulous, and then Terese had a cowboy hat on, so I had the cowboy hat on, and then the fur-tiger thing around my neck, I was fabulous. I vaguely remember leaving, I remember it was pouring down rain, and then we dropped Terese off, and we were hugging for the longest time, then I remember, I was in the front seat of Leila's car, and apparently I was badgering Vanessa who was driving.

Leila insists that we slept in the car, that we woke up at 730am, and were still in the car, and then Leila woke me up, and we went inside the house, but I have absolutely no recollection of that, and she probably is making that up

Then Leila lost my pair of sunglasses that I loved. She drove me back to my parents house for Easter Sunday, and I was not in good condition at ALL, in fact, I think I had so much liquor in my system that I was probably still drunk, that's why I didn't have a hangover at all. So my brothers were lighting off rockets, and I have to put this in here; my sister Mary had this awesome rocket that had two stages, it was a green alien rocket that when you lit it off, it separated, and the little alien top section exploded off, and then landed with a parachute, it was so cute. Just so funny. We were all talking about how when we tell people that our family lights off rockets on Easter, they just give us the fish-eye, because they think that we're all nuts. I think it's cute though. So then Sunday night, I went up to Yvette's place, and it just looks so fabulously different than what I had seen before. The kitchen is all done, and is all painted, the floors are fabulous, just looks so good. So we hung out and watched "the Soprano's" for a while, but I had to go, just because I wasn't speaking much, and I was so tired from the previous nights, so I took off and went over to Dave's parents house and hung out with him for a while. He showed me a Rufus Wainwright DVD that he had, that had an interview with Rufus, and him playing some new songs from the album. He is just so gay. So then I went back to my parents house, and talked with my Dad for a while, and then I was so tired, I think I was way overtired, because I couldn't fall asleep, so I was reading from one of the George Bush's books, I don't know why...I don't have an appreciation of George H.W. Bush, so why would I read that? I think it was just something in front of my face, and I read it for a while, then fell asleep. I woke up at 9am, not rested at all, and then hung out with my Mom for a while, and then she had some errands to run, and she picked up lunch and we had lunch together. It was good to just hang out with her. I was playing her my new GALA cd's, and she loved them. So then my dad came home because he was getting annoyed or something at work, and then eventually we left for the airport because he had to go to Denver for the week, and I had to go back to Kansas City, so it worked out brilliantly.

"A great consultant once said to me, 'If it ain't broken . . . break it.' In other words, when we present the same music today that we presented even five years ago, we limit our growth as ministers and we limit our growth as spiritual communities."

Richard Held & Company
To unsubscribe to this free service, simply respond. Otherwise, you may expect a helpful tidbit on the first and fifteenth days of each month.

That is his new consulting business, and the email service is a marketing tool that he is using to try and spread the word about his new business.
I also decided that I will stop smoking again. There is no reason why I should keep on smoking like I have been, and I've stopped before, I conquered it, but then I let it take me over, and I have to conquer it again. I refuse to let this have power over me, and not have control over my own actions. So there. I was telling everybody (Terese, Aaron, Leila) that I live a life of no struggle, and they were sort of giving me ship about that.

This is a copy of the memo I sent to Roxie Reavis, copied toShelly Galbol, and Michael Sullivan about requesting time off.

(hard copies will be delivered through inner-office mail and regular mail; the original file is attached to this email)

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: ROXIE REAVIS (x.38022)
FROM: WILLIAM ROSEN (x.38091)
DATE: APRIL 17, 2001
RE: REQUEST TIME OFF
CC: SHELLY GALBOL (x.37005)
MICHAEL SULLIVAN (SPHERION LEGAL GROUP)

Roxie, I am requesting off May 14, 2001 for a family obligation. I am also requesting June 21-22 & 25, 2001 off for a concert appearance in Chicago. If you need any further information, please contact me.

I figure if I get these requests in early enough, I'll have some time for the Rufus Wainwright concert, and then I'll be able to stay for the Chicago Pride Parade, and then let Richard go home on Saturday night because we were talking about that on the ride back from the airport yesterday, that he couldn't take the time off for just the show in Chicago. I might stay, it all depends on what Aaron, Jeff and everybody is doing. I don't want to do the pride weekend alone, I mean, I know there'll be 200 men that I could hang out with, but none of them I want to hang out with, rather than Richard. I don't know if that made sense at all, I would much rather just hang out with Richard than anybody else, frankly. But maybe, if Charlie and Reuben are out there, maybe I'll hang out with them. Who knows. If there is nothing going on except the parade, I'll probably go home with him on Saturday night. I have been trying to hydrate myself for this entire day, but it just seems like I can't ever get enough water in my system. I will keep on trying because if I keep on trying, I will eventually replace the fluids that I've lost over the weekend, which is an inordinate amount. I keep on thinking about this weekend, and how I totally felt like I was visiting, and it wasn't my home at all. I actually liked that, because I felt as if my home was Kansas City, and I felt as if I had made good changes in my life, and wonderful choices. I probably will go to chorus tonight, just because I don't want to use up all of my absences, and now that I've eaten, I feel much better. I'll go, I'll just not be there fully, mentally, nor physically. Needless to say that I want to not be behind in the running for the solo's :-)

One last thing about this weekend: This is the type of exchange that Leila and I had over this weekend, when we were sooo hungover:

(LEILA) Bill if you don't shut up you can just get the hell out of my car and walk to your PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!

(BILL) Leila, thank you for losing my sunglasses. I came to Chicago with a pair of sunglasses, and now they're gone. I just wanted to thank you for losing them.

(LEILA) Bill I don't know where they are they must be in my car. I had them on when we left so they're NOT LOST! C'mon let's go I'm leaving!!!

(BILL) Leila, you are a brazen HUSSIE!

that's all for today kids, I'm over it.

Comments

Popular Posts