Another Brick in the Wall

Expect a sudden reversal. Everything is still going your way, but that way itself is now different. As long as you can adapt quickly, there's no cause for alarm. Yesterday's offers of help might still be good.
Not sure exactly what that means, but then again, I still have yet to go to rehearsal tonight! Haaa!

Got this cool email from my brother:
Good afternoon! 

As some of you may know, I'm planning on running a marathon in Mesa, AZ on Sunday March 10th. Flat, fast course, mild weather. Doesn't get much better, right? As if THAT isn't enough incentive to travel to Arizona in March, the beloved Cubs are in spring training and have games at HoHoKam Park that entire weekend. Although I can't promise Cub victories and Sammy HR's, I can assure you it'd be fun. (Plus Rosen family, how long has it been since you've caught up with the Lyons family? Exactly. Far too long.) So, whether you decide to run the 5K, the 1/2 marathon or the full 26.2 OR if you want to just catch some spring baseball, sip a beer in the sun and (hopefully) cheer at a fun race on Sunday, start planning now. The more the merrier. The race is HQ'd at the Sheraton East, which is unfortunately sold out(less than a mile from HoHoKam). But it seems there are a lot of other nice hotels very nearby. I'm going to buy tickets for Sunday's 1:05 game--it seemed they were available for Friday's 7:05 and Saturday's 1:05 also. Let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you in Mesa! 

Mike 
http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/ticketing/chc_spring_training_ticket_info.jsp?club_context=chc
I have closed a big door to a chapter in my life today. It feels wonderful to have this fresh start, and to have this all behind me. Time to rock out like the rock star that I know myself to be. Up until this point, I've sort of been in panic mode, and I finally have some closure, and I feel like the reinventing period has begun. Watch out Kansas City!

I'm reading The Power Of One again. Time for some inspiration. I've only read it about five times before, but I love that, and every time you read it, you get something new out of it. Truly, that book has been one of the most inspirational books I've ever read,ever.

Did I tell you I got an email from the resident dumb-fuck president of the Salvation Army? I wrote a scathing email to him regarding his organization's anti-gay policy, and this is what he had to say for himself:
Dear William:

Thank you for your recent communication to The Salvation Army regarding the domestic benefits policy decision and expressing your concern. Needless to say, we were overwhelmed with responses and are now trying to answer each of the thousands of letters we received.

We want you to know that The Salvation Army has been struggling with the decision to extend health benefits for several years, and we have done an exhaustive review of the issues related to our decision. In addition, we've had a great deal of input from our constituencies, including Salvation Army officers, volunteers and those who support us. The Salvation Army is fully aware of the complexity of this issue, and we know that we are not the only church wrestling with all of the ramifications of this decision.

At the heart of all of our decisions and intentions is our desire to help people as many people as possible. We remain compassionately committed to doing what is necessary to continue to help the 30 million people in need who come to us each year. Now more than ever, there are a great number of people who rely on the services of The Salvation Army, and we are dedicated to serving them as long as we are called upon to do so. 

God bless you.

Sincerely,


Commissioner John Busby
NATIONAL COMMANDER

What politically motivated bullshit!

Comments

Popular Posts