Funny how life bounces back

Travelers come to rest in a place that is both friendly and beautiful. Stay-at-homes are the happy recipients of a surprise visit. Express your feelings clearly and creatively. Agreement is easy these days.


So if you hadn't guessed, I got a chance to go see Ray Charles last night at the Music Hall here in KC. The show was interesting in that the first part of the program was this cheezy symphonic tribute to sports..and I was like "what the sam hill is this?" because everybody was just waiting for him to come out after the intermission. The band was phenomenal, and he was simply astounding. The man is like 80 years old and watching him onstage, you would have thought that he was a ten year old boy. He had this amazing exuberance and energy that was so incredibly dynamic. I was searching for the review in the papers, but haven't found them yet, I'll get that in a later entry. Phenomenal show. I figured that it was the once in a lifetime opportunity that I was fourtunate to get, and I was ecstatic to have the chance to go. Diane got pictures...of R.C. backstage....that will promtply be scanned and posted once I get copies. After the show, Schicky Baby and I, and a bunch of her friends went out to this real dive bar downtown, forget the name of it. It was fun because I got to talk to this woman Cooper, who was fabulous. I love meeting new people, and having a mutual capitive audience. She was as receptive to me as I was to her. I just love that. She was ultra-fabulous. There are so many other things going on that I couldn't possibly touch on one journal entry, so I'll just highlight the big ones.

Judy Garland is getting more dialated by the second. She called me up last night, and told me that she was at 2 centimeters and to go to the hospital, she had to get to six. I am going to have the experience of being there when a new life is coming into this world, and I simply can't wait. I could use some inspiration at this point in my life. These past couple of days has been a trial and a half in terms of my own emotional well being. Thursday, for some reason, was the worst, and thank you god, I had a friend to talk to and Jeff, I can't thank you enough. You know, I am a firm believer in people coming into your life for a reason, and he has been nothing but a blessing to me. I could ask nothing better than him. You know when you get to a point in a friendship where you know eachother so well, that you just don't have to explain anything; I don't know what exactly I'm trying to say, but I needed him at that point, and he was there..in a huge way for me.

Working tonight, and I need to go pick up my last check from Old Nasty. That should be interesting, if nothing else. I feel the need to update my journal and to keep up to date with it, but sometimes life throws you a curve, and I just don't have the opportunity to get online as much as I would like to. I probably also should say that I remembered that there is a payment due for theHMC tour to Europe on Tuesday. Big payment, but for some reason, God decided to give me a break, and I'll be able to make it, and go to Europe in June. That is a goal that I've been swirling around in my head for the longest time, and I get excited just thinking about it. I have been talking about going to Europe, and just not coming back, and the more I think about it, the more tempting it becomes. It's a huge step, but that's what it's all about right?


sweet stalker? Just because I have had this online crush for what seems like forever and a day, and I have no hopes of reciprocation whatsoever, and I continue to push for some any drop of interest, and thus have no resulting dignity in the situation...does that make me stalker? Shut up.

Updated the Matthew Shepard page. If you thought that Hate crimes against GLBT people has gotten any better, educate yourself...because it sho a'int so.

I'm going to begin to take karate lessons...for free even. Long story, but one of Schicky's friends is a 6th degree black belt and offered me free lessons until I leave for Europe. Thursday nights should prove to be interesting. I figure it can't hurt, and especially if you read about the Shepard page, it'll be nice to know that I'll be able to defend myself with some confidence.

Comments

Popular Posts