Judy Garland had her baby!

Haven't been able to update in a couple of days, but the biggest news recently is that Judy Garland had her baby on Friday night! So let me just try to recount this experience as much as I can. So, I went to go see Leila at KCI, because she had a layover, flying from Portland to Chicago, in Kansas City. So I got to the airport (drama ensued....of course...welcome to my life...) I go to park my car, the attendent needed to look in the trunk of my car, so I shut the car off, and opened the trunk, and then shut it, and then got back into the drivers seat, turned the key, and click. Nada, it just won't start. I was like "fuck ME!" So, eventually, I pushed the stupid Belinda to a parking spot, and just went into the terminal, because I had to meet Leila. Found Leila, and we had a little lunch at the airport, and it was great to see her, she had great hair, and was fabulous as usual. Okay, so now I'm walking back to the parking garage and my phone rings, with an unidentified number, and I hate that, but I answered anyway, and it was Judy; "Bill, I'm at KU Med Center, and I'm so in labor." I was all "don't have the baby yet, I'm on the way!!" So, God decided to give me a break, and I got in the car, and she started right up. So I make my way up to KU Med and race up to her room, and she's lying on her side, in pain. It wasn't probably an hour later, and she told the doctors "I have to push! I have to push!", so the nurse said to me "put on those scrubs" and at that point, I was freaking out, because this was too real for me. So we had to push her bed from the little holding room, to the delivery area. So, the nurse and I pushed her bed, to the delivery room, and there are about five people in that room, all ready for us (including this hotass guy I was trying not to stare at!!). So the nurses said "if you need to push, just push Judy. So I helped her breathe, and was holding her head, and I was holding her legs too, actually, and about a half an hour later, a 6 pound, 1 ounce baby boy, with a full head of black hair came out. It was phenomenal. Then, the nurse asked from across the room "do you want to cut the cord?" She was asking ME! I asked Judy, "Do you want me to do that?" and she said "sure, go ahead", so I went over to the little container that they were cleaning up the baby in, and she said "take this little clamp, and clamp it as hard as you can, and then take these scissors.... but be careful with the scissors." I was freaking out. So after that, I just started to break down, because it was such an intensely emotional experience. This new life just came out of his mama, and he was crying, and perfectly healthy. So, after a while, I got to hold him (oh by the way, she named himZane....love that name) and he was wrapped up in the blanket, and he was just so beautiful, it's hard to describe it with words, they just don't do it justice. 

Judy kills me, because about ten minutes after she gives birth to this baby, she says to me, in front of the entire room of doctors, nurses, and other attending people "this is probably the first time you've seen one of these isn't it" and points to her crotch area. I said "well, I've seen pictures." She just cracked up, and I did too, but I'm sure the doctors didn't know what to make of the both of us. That's the usual reaction that we get when she and I are together. So anyway, the nurse and I moved her back to the little post-delivery room, and she and I hung out while the post-drugs took effect on her. I was hanging out with her other children, which are beautiful as well, and well behaved I might add. I wanted to stay the whole night with her, but she had her friend Jessie there with her, and her kids, and after a while I was getting so hungry, so I motored out of there, but I have to say that it was really an amazing experience, and I was honored to be there.

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Issues that come up when you have a baby boy: Circumcision being the big one. I was, and am vehemently against having that done to the new baby, but you know...it's not my child, so I have really no say. I just think that it's a barbaric tradition that has no relevance in todays society. It's horribly painful to the child, they loose a lot of sensation, and in 2002, there is just no reason. I couldn't be more vehement about that. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have wanted to have that done to me. The other side to that is the social stigma of being un-circumscised, and while I understand that, I just don't think that that is a valid reason. By the time that you understand all the issues involved with self-esteem, self-image and all of that, issues like being different from everybody by being uncut just don't matter. This is one of those things that I can't understand why anybody would feel differently than I do. I mean, I know that they do, because she had her child circumcised, but...I just think it's wrong.

Worked last night, and it wasn't too bad, but busy. Didn't have to work today at all, but I have to work in the morning tomorrow. I sort of like to work days, and I think I am going to ask to change my availability to not work weekend nights, because it's so crazy, and I just get so burned out. People during the day are just so much nicer, and less cranky, and overall better.

I remember last night as I was falling asleep, I thought about what I wanted to write today, but now, I can't recall anything. I had another dream about Charlie, and I wonder if he's okay. I just get freaked out when I dream about people who are friends of mine. I always want to call them up, and check up on them, but I can't do that with him, I have no current number.

This week coming up: Work in the morning tomorrow, and frankly, the only reason why I stay in Kansas City, is this:
European Tour: HMC Goes Global
England - France - Netherlands - Germany
June 27 - July 8, 2002 

Starting late-June 2002, the Heartland Men's Chorus will embark on a journey that takes us nearly halfway around the world! We will visit the most exciting and romantic locations Europe has to offer, including London, Paris, and the rich culture of Amsterdam and Hamburg. We were also very honored to be invited to perform a joint concert with Schola Cantorosa in Hamburg. Performance dates are tentative and subject to change.
Have rehearsal on Tuesday, have to still get to the post office at some point, just other errands like that that need to be taken care of. Jhames is a FREAK! Is that better? I added more pictures to his directory.

See this link below? At time of print, I am 175th out of 200. That was actually the first time I've ever checked that. Um, people, can you please help me be a little bit less pathetic than 175th and just click the gd link?? Could be worse I suppose, I could be 199th

Comments

Popular Posts