2nd Full week at Sprint

Thought for the Day:
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." --Marcel Proust

Libra,July 16
Don't put off duties that can be completed now. You can make headway and receive rewards if you show initiative. Ask for a raise. Financial extravagance due to emotional problems will cause setbacks. Don't spend money you don't have. You will want to get away; however, you must stick to your budget.



Just a little overview of this past weekend, on Friday we didn't do much of anything. Then on Saturday night, Elsa and Richard and I went to Susan Peterson's house out in OPKS to have dinner and drinks. That was so much fun, we got to just sort of hang out and then eat kabobs on the grill (which I grilled..btw:-) After the dinner, we went down to Osawatomie to visit Richard's mom. Richard and I knew that Elsa had been wanting to go see her, so we went down after we went to Susan's. Im starting my second full week at Sprint today, and it's quite wonderful. The other thing that I have to look forward to this week is the celebration on Sunday of my and Richard's One year anniversary and our open house. Here is a copy of an email that I sent to my Mom a couple of days ago.

Hi Mom,

I just wanted to write you and tell you that I love you. I just got back from visiting Richard's mom down in Osawatomie and things aren't well down there. I told Richard that I would help as much as I could during the weekends, but with this new job, I'm not available 8-5pm during the week. I told him that I would give him my weekends, even if it's just to read to her mom
I don't know what my point is Mom, it's just that I feel so helpless, there's not much I can do about this situation, other than to be there for Richard, and to try and help his mom as best as I can, but more than that...there's not much that I can do. I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I miss you and I think about you guys often.
On a much BRIGHTER note, I am getting settled in this new job at Sprint. I know I tried to tell you how amazingly large that sprint campus is, but I have to just reiterate that, it's ENORMOUS; you'll see it when you get here. (I am getting increasingly excited for your arrival..I can't wait for you to see my new life here!) It's basially an administrative assistant for the Director of Data Management, who is a very nice guy. Nothing too terribly challenging, but a lot of responsibility nonetheless. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time there. I've even thought about joining the gym there, because it's basically free for employees...the facilities there are astoundingly new, and beautiful.

Okay, it's way late, and I'm exhausted. I love you and look forward to the George and Mindy show taking it on the road to Kansas City! I have been updating my webpage alot, and have been thinking of getting my own domain , which I've been investigating....it's so cheap...it's outlandish...but...would't it be a hoot if I had my own domain? I think it would be a kick in the pants...so anyway, my POINT in telling you that was to check my webpage for my journal, because I update it pretty much every day now that I have online access. My address is down below, I know you have it, but it's there for you.
I love you, and will see you soon,

B

p.s. did you send me something UPS? I got a note that something arrived on Friday afternoon, but I had to sign for it, and no one was here, so they'll come on Monday...was that you?


Here is the lyrics of the song "Written in the Stars" that Susan and I are going to sing for the church's variety show!

LeAnn Rimes - Written in the Stars Duet with Elton John

I am here to tell you
we can never meet again
simple really isn't it
a word or two and then
a life time of not knowing
where or how or why or when
you think of me or speak of me
or wonder what be fair
of someone you once loved so long ago somewhere

Never wonder where to feel
as living shuffles by
you don't have to ask me
and i need not reply
never know what of my life
from now until I die
I don't think or dream of you
and fail to understand
how a perfect love can can found and out of hand

Is it written in the stars
are we paying for some crime
is that all that we are good for
just a stretch of mortal time
is this god's experiment
in which we have no scent
in which we've given paradise
but only for a day

Nothing can be alto
or there is nothing to decide
no escape no change of heart
no any place to hide

you are all I'll ever want
but this i am denying
sometimes in my darkest thoughts
i wish i never loved
what it is to be in love
and have that love returned

is it written in the stars
are we paying for some crime
is that all that we are good for
just a stretch of mortal time
is this god's experiment
in which we have no scent
in which we are given paradise
but only for a day (x3)

I have been constantly updating this bio page, with current information and just trying to correct some misspellings and the such. It looks much better than before. I've been trying to make it a bit less graphically intensive, so as WebTVcan view the pages of my site more easily!

Comments

Popular Posts