CGMC & HMC Perform Together

Email from Leila | Discussing her employment!
I work in the Therapeutic Recreation Department. That's what I received my master's in...Therapeutic Recreation. I work on the Rehab Unit, patients with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, stroke, amputations, heart conditions, tumors.
I got the job offer today!!!!!!!!
Whooooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!


An email from Aaron from CGMC

I thought it was totally fabby (my new word, coined from my cousin in St. Louis, talking about HIS recent choral concert)...! I told Michael Roman that Bommer must have had his hearing aids turned up loud enough this time! (Should have read his pan of the "Gay Odyssey" show--I knew I should have poisoned ALL of the liquor at the Athenaeum Bar...).
Anyway, thanks again for coming this weekend. I had such a great time with you and Richard! You are welcome to come and visit any time you want. I'll even try to get one of those chairs that handicapped people use to go up stairs (the ones that run along the railing electronically), so we don't have to climb those 3 flights! :-)
Watch for an e-mail I just sent to your chorus thanking them again for coming to Pride with us. Rick Fisher said he's going to distribute it in the next issue of your news...
Take care!

Love,
Aaron

Saturday - July 1, 2001 | I finally get my webpage updated!!
This is an email I got from Rick Fisher, and it explains itself:
Guys - the love-fest between HMC and CGMC just goes on and on! We are grateful for your kind hospitality and the warm welcome we received in Chicago. It was a delightful trip on so many levels! We hope that you-all will be able to come and visit us in the near future. Below are words of thanks that we have received from many of our members. Please forward this along to all the CGMC guys!
Rick Fisher,
Executive Director
Heartland Men's Chorus
Kansas City, MO


A Thank-you Note to CGMC:

I had a great time in Chicago, and felt at home with the CGMC members. Can't wait to go back in July! Thanks for everything!
Ron Smith, HeartLight member

I just wanted to express my thanks for a wonderful weekend. It was really great to perform in your beautiful theatre and to perform along side your Chorus for our joint numbers. Thanks for sharing your stage!! All of the social events that were organized really made the entire Kansas City Chorus feel very welcome. I enjoyed the tour of the city on Friday and the great food and hospitality at the party after the Friday night performance and the brunch on Sunday before the Parade. It was so nice of the men that opened their homes and hosted the parties not to mention the fabulous food and fun at the North End Bar on Saturday! Thanks again for a Fabulous Weekend!!!
Mark D. Johnson, T2

I had an absolute pride blast not to mention gay affirming experience singing and socializing with the guys of the CGMC. I can't remember the last time I got such little rest and not awakened to regret it the nextday. ;-) Now that I'm back in Kansas City, I can catch up on sleep and dream the whole weekend over again. I hope we'll have the opportunity to host your visit to our sleepy town very soon. We could use a little shaking things up around here - Chicago style.My sincerest thanks,
Will Brown, T2

Thanks for a wonderful weekend Chicago guys!! Special thanks to David for hosting me and for our party hosts inviting us into their homes. The social events were a lot of fun, and everyone made me and my friend Rafael feel very welcome. Your concert audience was really terrific too. I had blast the entire time I was in Chicago! Thanks again boys for a memorable experience.
Lyle Williams, B2

What a wonderful time!! We simply could not have asked for more. The members of your chorus were superb hosts and made us all feel right at home. Whoever was in charge of the weather is to be commended. Sharing the stage with you was a real treat. And marching with you on Sunday was the absolute icing on the cake. We had a ball! Thank you seems inadequate, so we will just say "Thank you, Thank you, Thank You! You boys are the greatest." And let it be known far and wide that Chris and Curtis are the hosts with the most!!
Love,
Steve Dodge & Paul Elo, President and First Lady

From this former member of your group, and his partner Richard Held, we give a million thanks to you for hosting us and participating in such a wonderful concert experience. I can't wait to see the video. Please feel free to keep in touch, email me at the email address below, and/or visit my webpage. Thank you again for everything, we should do this every couple of years, it was so much fun!
Bill Rosen, T2

Wonderful music, wonderful hospitality, wonderful enthusiasm, wonderful parade, wonderful men, wonderful city, wonderful PRIDE! How soon can we come back?!
John Mark Lambertson, T1 and Don White, B1

Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome in the Windy City. You guys are great and the concerts were inspirational and uplifting. I personally had a magnificent time and appreciate everyone's kind words and hospitality. I hope that you all will join us in Kansas City soon!! We promise to show the same hospitality!!
Dewayne Gossett, B1

I am still reliving the wonderful days I spent with you all in Chicago. From my stay with John Skoubis and our intense conversations to the fantastic parade of a lifetime, I had an almost overwhelming time. Thanks for the rewarding performances on Fri and Sat. Interacting with Chris and Michael during the "Potato" number was great fun. The after parties and brunch were a perfect way to wind down (or up), and everyone bent over backwards (some forwards) to make us feel welcome. I have always loved Chicago, and this trip was the best of all possible worlds. Can't wait for your trip down to KC. Just make sure that you bring with you the same weather we had up there when you head south. Mike Sigler, T1

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and great opportunity to share the stage with such a talented, attractive and friendly group of guys. I hope we can perform together again sometime and if your ever in KC let us return the favor. You guys are the Greatest! Ken Strickland, T2

Thank you CGMC for being such a great host. I had the most wonderful time singing with you guys and getting to know you. Pride Parade was a blast especially the cheerleaders! (HMC should invite them as special guest stars for our parade in KC next year.) Anyone of you who like to see pictures of the parade please send me your e-mail address. Ray Wohl, you're the best! I felt very blest being your guest over the weekend. I'm sure John Sims felt the same way too. Thanks for the many beautiful sunrises over the lake, wonderful meals you prepared, and the great advice on husband hunting while we're on the beach. Most of all, thank you for our friendship. Much love,
Michael Ong, T1

Your incredible hospitality made this past weekend truly one to remember! Thank you for all your time spent in hosting us in your homes, your theater and your city. We truly owe you one!!
Neal Brees, T2

To the friendly studs in the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus You certainly pulled out all the stops to show Kansas City your best, and our response is amazing thanks -- so many hugs and smiles -- such good food -- such impressive settings for parties -- and, most of all, such a stunning and precise performance in the concert. We will all remember Chicago with fondness.
Dave Miller (the oldest Bass in HMC, and the one who found it hardest to hunker down in the Jabberwocky number!)

Thank you for sharing your warmth and hospitality to all of us. We would love to entertain you in Kansas City. I felt total acceptance as a chorus mother!!!
Ruth Brant, HeartLight section leader & director of volunteers

Thank you all very much for your hospitality. I had a great time meeting and hanging out with you all. I hope that we can arrange for something similar to this again in the near future.
Tim Herrman, B2

Thank you to all of you!! This past weekend was the best!!! Have a great vacation and thanks for all your hard work!! I wanna go back!
johnny boy sims, B2

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience in so many ways. First, we appreciate the opportunity to make wonderful music. We enjoyed the enthusiasm of the Chicago audiences. Second, thanks for being such a wonderful group of men. We both enjoyed meeting so many of you and will look forward to future chances to visit. Now it's your turn to come to KC! Thanks, Scott Roewer and Todd Rice, T1 & T2

A big thank you to the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus for welcoming us with such open arms and genuine warmth. It was a great pleasure to perform with everyone. It really made for a special celebration of Gay Pride. Thanks again,
Curt Knupp, T1

Thanks for a most wonderful weekend. You made my first "real" visit to Chicago a memorable one. Thanks especially to Michael and Martin for their hospitality. Ya'll come to Kansas City sometime soon.
Jeff Staples, T2

Michael and I really enjoyed our time in Chicago. All of the Chicago chorus members we met were wonderful and gracious hosts. We thought the social events were well organized and they enhanced the performance aspects as well. It felt like both choruses brought out the best in each other. We really enjoyed performing with you. Since I used to live in Chicago, I had several friends in the audience on both nights. Everyone loved the concert.
Love,
Michael Hadley and Michael Sullivan, B1 & T2

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share your concert with you. We had a great time in the Windy City! A special thanks to Phillip Ramsey and his partner Richard for hosting us - they were the perfect addition to our trip. Mark Holcomb, T2

Hello - I had a fabulous time! Thanks for having me - And a few more of you could have...Hope to see ya all again soon -Take Care- Jeff Patterson, B1

Last weekend was a very memorable, welcoming and affirming experience! Thanks to all the gracious and wonderful people who made our Chicago experience unforgetable. We hope that we will have the opportunity to return the favor when you come to Kansas City and sing with us. Many thanks!
Peace,
Peter Northcott, T2 and Philip Cox-Johnson

Chicago, Thanks for the great time in the windy city. It was great to be able to share the stage and time with such a fine group of guys. Look forward to doing things together in the future. Had a great time and the hospitality was wonderful. Keep up the good work.
Pat Kelley, B1

A big thank you to all of CGMC. It was great to perform for you and with you. What a fantastic city - the downtown, the lake, the parade. A special thanks to my host Will and to Mitch who provided that wonderful auto transportation.
Jack Wilson, T2

I would like to thank the men of CGMC for all of their hospitality making my trip to Chicago the best I have ever spent in Chicago, my favorite city. From the city tour, food and cast parties,and wonderful concert experience to all of the new friends made . . . you all were great. A special thank you (again) to Mike Dunghe who could not have been a greater host and a GREAT new friend. The weekend was so great I hated to see it end. I hope to hear from and see you all again.
Keith Grahl, T2

You guys are fabulous! I had such a good time that I want to move, but the Heartland baritones would suck without me. :-) Thanks so much for everything!! Hugs and kisses to all....although a couple of you already got some of that when I was there.
Steven Capeder, B1

Dear CGMC: Thanks so much for inviting us to do Midwest Pride with you. It was so good to meet you guys and spend the weekend with you singing, partying, etc. It was definitely a weekend I will treasure and never forget. I travel to Chicago often, but have never had as much fun as I did this last weekend doing the concert and hanging out with you guys Hopefully we'll be able to do something like this again soon. Have a great summer! Oh and by the way, come on down and see me sometime if you make it to KC. and I'll give you the royal tour of the "Show Me State, or the "Land of Oz."
Stoutheartedly yours...Greg Davis, B1

Bravo! What a wonderful weekend you pulled together! We couldn't have dreamed of a better partnership in music or finding more gracious hosts in the big city! Your audience brought such love with them to each performance. It was pure joy to share the stage with you!
Kile Martz, B1

You are all INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much for your hospitality and for all of your positive words. I enjoyed my time with you and am looking forward to returning to Chicago to rub elbows with you again soon.
Mike Lurten, B1

I can't thank you enough for the great time I had in your great city. I have made some friends I know will last a Long, Long Time!! PLEASE come and visit KC and don't wait until a joint concert. If you come as a tourist, no pressure for rehersals, calls etc. and you will be ready when we do jointly perform here! There are plenty of places to stay here as well!! Hugs to you all!!
JJ Franklin, B2

Dear Patrick, Rick and all the members of CGMC: Thank you for providing us with a wonderful time in Chicago this past weekend. I have never experienced a Gay Pride festival so overwhelmingly huge as this one! You have been gracious hosts and we enjoyed sharing the stage with you. Hope we can do this again soon! All my love!
Joe Nadeau, Music Director

Thanks a bunch to all of the members of CGMC!! It was a real privilege to share the stage with such a fine group of singers. Your hospitality was great and I had a wonderful time, not to mention the chance to participate in one of the biggest pride celebrations in the country!! Thank you so much for sharing your time, homes and your audience with us. It was truly a memorable experience!!!
Greg Maupins, B1

What a great time we had there in Chicago! You guys are the best! Hope to be able to return the favor some time soon!
Xo - Kevin Moore, B2

I had a blast in Chicago! Thank you so much for inviting HMC, and for all of your efforts to make us feel welcome. Your audiences gave us a fantastic response, and the spectators along the parade route on Sunday cheered as they learned that we were from Kansas City. I have never experience a Pride parade like the one in Chicago. It was quite an awesome experience, and I will remember it fondly. You have good reason to feel proud of yourselves and your great city, which is quite beautiful. I hope this is just the beginning of a warm friendship between HMC and CGMC. I know I will be cheering loudly for you at every GALA event I attend in the future! Thanks again for giving me the opportunity of experiencing Midwest Pride, Chicago style. You guys are the greatest!
Devotedly yours,
Randy Hite :), B1

I think the experience of going to Chicago and singing with you was FABULOUS! You were so good to us and showed us all such a good time. I didn't stay with a host, but those who did had nothing but good things to say about their hosts. I think we should have you all come to KC for a joint concert and return the favor. Can we do more of this sort of thing? Will sign off, Thanks again, Chicago Gay Men's Chorus.
Lee Vandenbos, B1

Thanks for opening your homes and hearts to us. Had a great time!!! Brad, thank you for hosting me you really are the hostess with the mostest :-) If you come to K. C. would love to reciprocate. Again many thanks.
Frank Woltkamp, B2

Thank you so much for hosting us this past weekend. It was an incredible experience for me. The power of an almost two-hundred voice choir was amazing. Plus this was my first pride parade and that experience was breathtaking. I had originally had made plans to go see Ricky Martin in concert and possibly have an opportunity to actually meet him, but decided to come to Chicago instead. I would rather be around a hundred fun loving Chicago Gay Men's Chorus members than a hot, sexy, ass-shakin Puerto Rican - wait a minute, what the hell was I thinkin'??????? Thanks for a wonderful weekend. John Olson was an incredible host and your group should be proud to have him as a member of your chorus!!!! I look forward to singing with you someday very soon!!!!! Hugs and Kisses.
Jeff Williams, T1

Comments

Popular Posts