The Day I start writing again!

So I was reading all these journal entries, and it seems as if I am putting emails, and reports, and reviews much more than I am writing, so I will try to get back to writing. As you can see, I have updated this webpage a bit lately, and I am trying to get it as slick as possible. I keep on bouncing back from re-vamping the ENTIRE site, and redesigning the whole thing, to just sort of playing with the design of it and leaving it as it is. There are so many things I want to say on here, and there are so many things that I want to do, but only so many hours of the day.
So Leila (the subject of my "LEILA IS A HOLOGRAM" page) - calls me yesterday and she tells me the story of her Sunday night, and her adventures in the suburbs of Chicago. I am going to try and hold off on reporting about this because she promised me that she was going to email me the story, but needless to say it was unprecedented in the entire history of our adventures. The story will belong on theBelligerent Trio page and on my journal. Let's just put it this way, there were ambulances, and emergency rooms, and police and all sorts of official people involved. I"I'll just leave it at that. I've been milling around other online journals, and I think that it's so interesting. This guy lives in Kansas City, and is apparently a skinhead but a good one, a queer one. So interesting. :-) So anyway, I got a couple of ideas, to maybe personalize my pages, and I want to play with those. The other thing was, that my Mother called me up today and asked if August was a good time to visit, so the Mindy and George show is coming to Kansas City. My dad is actually coming to KC for business, either the week before, or the week after, and then my mom is going to fly up on the 18th of August, so we'll just have a big ol party. I'll be sure to stock the liquor cabinet :-) Richard is hosting a "talent show" on that saturday night, it's not a talent show, it's called something else, so we have something to do on saturday night, and he said that he had a rehearsal for Sunday, after church, but he can easily cancel that...I thought about asking my parents if they wanted to come to CSL, and sit in on a service. I thought that would be nice. Anyway, Richard and I are going to see a movie tonight, it's much cheaper during the week, so we decide to go during the week. I believe that we're going to see Moulin Rouge tonight. I'll get back with my review!! OKBYE!

Oh my GOD, I loved the movie so much. It was a wonderful love story, intertwined with amazing cinematography, and just overall amazing. I was crying so hard throught the last half of the movie, I could hardly see straight. The characters, the costumes, the everything...was just so tremendous. Richard and I were talking about how they used modern music in the movie, in a very creative way, they used Elton John's song "Your Song", David Bowie's "Heroes", Queen's - "The Show Must Go On". If you haven't seen the movie, it's sort of hard to explain, but they used the music in a really wonderful way. It wasn't manipulative or anything like that, when the dialogue called for a 'lyric' like that, they would sing it, and I was suprised at Ewen McGregor's voice, it was actually appealing! I haven't seen a movie that I loved so much in a long long time. The other day, on Friday, I believe, we also saw...

The Perfect Son

This is what the Film Festival website says about this film.

The intimate world of sibling rivalry and relationships is explored in this gentle tale of two brothers who bridge a life time of difference and find the love and friendship that was always just out of reach. Theo, newly out of rehab, returns home after years away to attend his father's funeral. His brother, Ryan, an impeccably dressed lawyer, perfect in every detail, seems as remote as Theo remembers. Determined to rebuild his life, Theo tries to reestablish the relationship he had destroyed. His relationship with Ryan seems hopeless until Theo discovers that Ryan is gay and dying of AIDS. With his brother in need of his help, their relationship opens up and Theo is allowed to see the brother he never knew. As the film evolves, we see two brothers taking the responsibility for their lives and find the love and friendship each had always been seeking with his brother.

It was a great movie, a little serious, and a little....well....without saying too much, art imitates life. With everything going on in our lives, it was just a bit too much for us to take.

Comments

Popular Posts