the day the world fell into place for me

Well as the title of this entry says, I feel like the world has just fallen into place for me. Other than my car issue, I have succeeded in pulling my life together with flying colors. I feel like that car thing doesn't really count, because that is totally beyond my control....my car getting stolen. Other than that, I feel as if I have achieved what I set out to do when I came to Kansas City, and that was to straighten out my out of control life, and be much more centered. I am gainfully employed, I am helping to sustain this relationship that I am in, monetarily as well as physically, and emotionally. I am keeping a good tab on myself as far as addiction issues...smoking to be the nastiest one. Richard and I were just talking last night about how we both wanted to have a cigarette, maybe it was because we have been spending a lot of time down in Osawatomie lately, with Richard's mom's husband Jerry, who smokes like a chimmney. But I've kept that in check, and am proud to report that I haven't smoked a cigarette in something like 2-3 months, perhaps more or less, I forget. I just feel at total peace with myself, and where I am at in my world. The only thing I have to worry about now, is getting this transportation issue cleared up...so if you know of any good cars MAIL me for christ's sake!
This is hysterical. This is an email from Richard to Lisa Hopkins in which she just said some brief comment about church, and he is now ranting and ranting about this last night...so funny.

Church. It's this thing that happens every Sunday morning. You remember, bunches of people who laugh and praise the Lord together? Who sing hymns and take communion? Sunday hats and clip-on ties? The Bible? The wise men? The star in the north and the man in the whale? Pillars of salt and animals walking in pairs? Choir robes, incense, holy water? Statues and confessions and community lunches and flowers on the pulpit and children in the baptismal. The giant organ and the choir boys, the rows of pews and, of course, the candles. We can't forget the candles. The elders and the youth groups, the lay ministers and the women's auxiliary. Stained glass, closed eyes, standing, sitting, standing, sitting, stand and sit and stand and sit. Stand some more. Sit some more. Then Kneel for a while. Waving hands and rock bands, healings and getting saved. The thumping of the big book, the big hair, the latest fashions. Introductions, congratulations, condolences, condescensions. And then you go to lunch.

I thought you'd remember.

God bless you, Lisa. And God bless America.

Comments

Popular Posts