1:57am
I had a great day today for some reason. Scotty stayed the night last night, and there is nothing I love more than to have him in my bed when we both get up from sleeping. It's such a wonderful thing, it's hard to communicate it through this journal. He left early and I stayed in bed for a little bit but not for too much longer after he left. I got up, made some coffee with my handy dandy french press, and got ready for my day, and the big interview. I was wondering how the car was going to handle driving all the way from Midtown to O.P., but it did fine and I was happy that it made it. Interview went well, but I hate to even get even a little excited about it, because I just don't, so if everything pans out with that, I'll be at Sprint again, but if not, then it's all about the experience. I thought they should hire me, nevertheless. Got home, and did some laundry and tried to avoid the obnoxious heat and humidity of the day, but completely failed in that endeavour, so I put on the air conditioning for a while, but then turned it off after a while because I don't want the electricity bill's to get outlandishly out of control, so I have to curb the air conditioning usage. Also found a version of that song from church that threw me for a loop. Just imagine that song with a beautiful solo baritone singing it, it just pulled me over the top for some reason.

Scotty and I were on the phone with Leila last night, and I inquired whether she wanted me to burn another cd for her (to bring the total to 3, the 1. Leila's Rochester NY Extravaganza Experience, and 2. Leila's Rochester NY Extravaganza Experience Ver_2.0), so she was mentioning what artists she wanted. Rufus Wainwright, Stevie Wonder, Melissa Ethridge singing "Maggie May", and Scotty said "Well, for all the people that you just mentioned, they are all blind or gay".....and as astute as that observation was, he was absolutely correct....so in that vain I offer this to my forbidden lover:
Leila's Gay Blind Extravaganza Experience
1. 20th Century Fox Fanfare - John Williams (for the effect of it)
2. Stevie Wonder and various artists - We Are The World (not neccessarily blind or gay, but I thought it was hysterical, nonetheless)
3. The City of New York vs. Homer - The Simpsons (funny cuz they mention Liza....."they're strapping down Liza Minelli!")
4. Free - Stevie Wonder (blind)
5. Don't Go Breakin My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee (oh so gay)
6. Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered - Diane Schuur (blind as a bat)
7. Poses - Rufus Wainwright (gayer than Elton John)
8. Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters - Elton John (gay since 1930)
9. The Magdalene Laundries - Joni Mitchell and The Chieftans (not blind, but might as well be gay)
10. No One Is Alone - Into the Woods Original Cast Recording (Steven Sondheim wrote it..queer as a three dollar bill)
11. Prayer for the Children - Twin Cities Gay Mens Chorus (twin city what chorus?)
12. Maggie May - Melissa Ethridge (live and gay)
13. How Come How Long - Stevie Wonder and Babyface (blind since birth)
14. He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother - Rufus Wainwright (did I show you the pics from the concert yet?)
15. Everytime We Say Goodbye - Ray Charles and Betty Carter (blind and still alive)
16. Goodbye - Elton John (have you heard of the Queen's Jubilee?)
Don't forget boys and girls, that this Saturday and Sunday is the big show...come on down

12:38pm
oh yeah, i almost forgot that what's his name is gonna be in town later this afternoon. i wish i could protest him, but i have things to do...he's not worth it.

my brother michael sent his fashion statement of the day. he's on the right. they went with someone else for the position. welcome to my life. square one here i come.

i'm moving to canada. i realize that's silly but when you get news such as this....it pisses me off; my legislators refuse to even bring up a hate crimes bill for consideration on the senate floor. this just boils my blood. i won't start ranting about it, but after years and years of struggle, why is this so diffcult for republicans to understand. oh that's right, they're republicans. i can't understand why people don't realize that the numbers of hate crimes against gay and lesbian americans continues to rise every single year, don't believe me; read this 

Comments

Popular Posts