So I have to eat my words from yesterday because I really loved the rehearsal last night. For some reason, I came out of the Folly with a great feeling that the show was going to be great. It's not the most challenging show, or the most challenging music, but it's just fun. Wizard of Oz in 13 minutes, you can't beat it. And our guest soloist...is none other than Bukeka Shoals, who is a goddess of the universe. Ticket sales are apparently doing well, and they are going to make an announcement about the "Too Poor for Europe" party tonight at dress rehearsal. I got this quote from my sistah, and I thought I would share it:
There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you want to pick them from your dreams and hug them. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy. Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. Happiness lives for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgiven past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying........

From Scotty's website (I laughed so hard when I read this)
In the morning, I got up and got ready for work. I woke Bill so that I could take him home. He was still dreaming when I started to wake him. He asked me if I thought the view was nice. I asked him what view he was talking about. Sleepily he responded “the view from up there on the veranda.” “The veranda? What veranda?” “Up there, where the tenor ones are.” Ok so he wasn’t awake yet. “Baby, Its time to get up so I can take you home.” He jerked awake. I giggled a bit at him and told him what had just happened. 

HAHAHAHAH! Oh well....i never said i was very coherent. that just slays me. I'll probably have more to offer later, but in the spirit of this saturday and sunday's show... listen to this and remember that we are doing Wizard of Oz in 13 minutes. This is brilliant too...another Harold Arlen tune. Good ol Harold.

Comments

Popular Posts