A lil Heathen for that ass

A lil Heathen for that ass

hea·then (h th n)
n. pl. hea·thens or heathen 

1. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. 

2. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted. 

3. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened. 

4. Such persons considered as a group. 

Before I can even get into how much I love David Bowie, let me just refer you to a couple of places. First, the horrific christian based local newspaper here in kc reviewed this new album, and actually did an interview with Bowie himself....that's here, and let me say also that I agree with everything he says. Copywright is a joke even now, and there is no reason to believe that copywright enforcement is going to get any better, especially when you don't have to buy cd's anymore, you can simply download them from a free service, or better yet...don't even go there...just get them from me, and then listen to them from your portable mp3 player, or convert them into whatever format you want. My favorites? Well I haven't gotten a chance to listen to the entire thing, but I really love the sound of the first track Sunday, it's like he's announcing to the world that he's back, and there is nothing that stays the same except change. Must I keep on reminding you that I have loved David Bowie ever since I saw him live at the Aaragon Ballroom in Chicago? Oh dear god...the sweat and excitement from that show still hasn't worn off. I'm sure Dayvid still has his glitter from the show that Bowie threw at him.

Okay, on a more personal note the concert was this weekend and it went really well. We received a standing ovation both on Friday and Saturday. There is nothing better than an entire theater of people standing on their feet and applauding. Nothing can compare to that feeling. All the bullshit that came before dissolves and you just stand there and smile, and soak it in. I don't know how to describe it. 

I spent the night over at Scott's house last night, because he is leaving for the week, and will return on Saturday morning. This will be the longest time that we've spent apart since we've been together. We had to get up at 4:15am in order for him to drop me off at my house, and get to the airport and catch at flight at 6:00am. Scotty gave me an envelope right before I got out of his truck, and while I won't say what was written in the card, the front of the card was a quote by Maya Angelou:

Look at my life. 
I'm floating like mercury around the earth.
My footprints shine with stardust. 
All because I love you. 
All because you love me.

Oh dear god.

Comments

Popular Posts