Emmylou

Emmylou was a brilliant as I thought she would be. She just sauntered on stage and played for two and half hours. Her voice was amazingly clear and crisp, and the way she turned a phrase that could make your knees turn into jello. I was shocked and amazed when she started talking about September 11th, and said that she was called to sing for a dedication, and she sung a song thatHMC has sung before. Brilliant version, brilliant woman. She was just so unassuming, and it was so wonderfully refreshing to hear someone who could just put on a show, with only the help of one other guitarist and a woman doing some percussion. That was it. So simple, and yet so profound. She also made a crack that went like this "It's so nice to come to cities where there are theaters that have some history.....instead of making everything into a starbucks", I just laughed. Got some great pictures. Afterwards S(2) and I went out to the bar to meet the guys in the chorus, and a great time was had. Can I tell you how much I love Cindy? She is hysterical, and I want to marry her. She asked me to sing her a song, so I sang her "America" by you know who. I just love her.

Comments

Popular Posts