Good news, or at least not bad news. Just talked with my good ol friend Dayvid who, if you remember had some drama in his personal life. Turns out that his brother survived the heart attack, but is living in denial about it now. Apparently is still smoking like a chimney, and is going out every night, and refuses to even acknowledge what happened. Guess denial a'int just a river in Egypt right? David sounds great though, and everytime I talk to him, it's wonderfully refreshing to hear how good his life is. I made a plan to get back to Chicago in late June, so that should be scary enough. Thought about taking S(2) with, as he's never been to Chicago...or to boyztown. We'll see what happens. Don't have to work today but I'm running around town to do some errands before going to the symphony tonight. That should be enlightening. Shya! Oh yeah, on that whole tangent, I offer this...for my dear forbidden lover Leila
Leila's Rochester New York CD Extravaganza Experience
1.) I Believe (When I Fall in Love It'll Be Forever) - Stevie Wonder
2.) At Last - Etta James
3.) If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out - Cat Stevens
4.) Two Gold Rings - Rufus Wainwright (live)
5.) Toreano un Siglo - Lourdes Perez (remember when we saw her at that Sufferagette Sessions with the Indigo Girls?)
6.) Phenomenal Woman - Maya Angelou
7.) One Is The Magic Number (Redux) - Jill Scott (live)
8.) (The Night) Is The Right Time - Ray Charles (from the Cosby show when it was the grandparents anniversary and they were all dancing on the steps going upstairs, and Rudy was singing BABBEEE.....BABEEEEEE......BABEEEEEE)
9.) I Sing Just to Know That I'm Alive - Nina Simone
10.) Mountains of Things - Tracy Chapman
11.) My Love, Sweet Love - Patti LaBelle
12.) Seasons of Love - Stevie Wonder
13.) Complainte de Butte - Rufus Wainwright - Moulin Rouge
14.) Livin for the City - Ray Charles (this is so great....Stevie Wonder cover, but listen to the middle of it where he talks)
15.) The Show Must Go On - Queen with Elton John
16.) He's Got the Whole World (in His Hands) - Judy Garland and Liza Minelli
17.) I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever) - Stevie Wonder THE KARAOKEE VERSION SO YOU CAN SING ALONG....THE LEAD VOCALS ARE TAKEN OUT SO YOU CAN SING.
18.) Piano Man - Billy Joel & Elton John (live)

These are all tracks that I know that Leila loves, and some new ones added on top of that. David said that he is preparing a box set for me...and I'm scared. The new live Rufus Bootlegg is apparently two cd's in itself, and he knows exactly what I like and dislike..so I'm jazzed about that.

Comments

Popular Posts