Chicago confirmation!

Chicago confirmation!

I don't have a horoscope for today, but you just might want to check out my astrology and check out the nifty new description on there I recently added. Okay...so it's just about midnight on Sunday night, which means it's Monday morning, and I am restless, and can't sleep. Too much caffine at the starfucks this afternoon. So anyway, I will try, to the best of my ability to re-count the weekends festivities for you, and try to make it as nonlong-winded as possible.

Friday

Picked up my last check from the damm temp company. They say "we'll call you if we have anything", yeah right, whatever, I'll believe it when I see it. On the same trip, I went and dropped of my music toRick Fisher because I've decided not to sing this show with the chorus. See previous entries on reportingfrom.com. After dropping off my music, I got stuck in traffic, and eventually made it back home in time to take a quick shower, and make plans with Pierce to go out with Richard and I to dinner. Go to dinner with Richard and Pierce which was fabulous, (not to mention FREE because we waited an hour for our food, and we complained to the server, and she didn't even question it, she just said "you guys are bought"). After dinner, we caravaned with Pierce up to the historic jazz district in Kansas City, because we were on the search for some good 'ol jazz music. Went in a place, they had a cover, we were over that, so we went to another area of Kansas City that has some jazz clubs, finally settled upon the Empire Room. Went in, sat at the back bar, had a entirely mandarin martini, and complained about the kung-fu movie we were being subjected too while at the bar, finally moved away from the bar, to a little table. There, Pierce's "so called" boyfriend (we'll call him "W" for the sake of his dignity) met us, and was in the bag already, and insisting that he drive pierce and he back to the other bar. So we were over the kung-fu movie, and decided on the old standby, the gay piano bar, "The Other Side" which we all were in agreement at this point, was appropriate, because we couldn't find any other good places to go, that had live music. Get to the Other Side, where we met Pierce's friends Kirk and Kyle, who were hysterically funny, and good company. I proceeded to drink numerous martini's and decided to turn my keys over to my husband, because I was in no condition to drive. Okay,

Saturday 10-6-01

Woke up, with a headache...not too horribly bad, but I was telling Pierce this on the phone the other day, that I have found a cure-all for the hangover, and maybe it's just me, but as many hangover's I've had in my life, I would gladly pay the man that could provide me with a hangover cure. Well, I guess I should pay mah own self because I have found that if I pop two Excedrin Migraine pills, that in an hour, not only is the hangover gone, but the lasting effects of it as well. I always have Excederin Migraine pills available to me, because I suffer from horrible migraines, and they are the only over the counter medication that can possibly make the smallest dent in the relief of the pain. Needless to say, if you have a hangover, TRY it, because I swear to Allah, it works. So, back to Saturday, Richard had a full day of rehearsals and errands to do, so I did some errands myself, a little banking here a little sustinance, a little this, a little that, and I wound up back at home, trying to re-hydrate myself. Richard had a gig at St. Agnes (which is Joe Neadeau's {the director of HMC's church}) and I had originally planned on going with him because Bukeka was supposed to sing, and everytime I hear that woman's voice, I melt. I wasn't feeling all that tip top so I decided not to go to the gig, but then eventually reconsidered my decision, and went to the gig, and I was quite glad that I did. There was about four hundred people at this thing, and free food and wine to be had. So, I saw Joe, and he sat me down at a table, and told me to get some food, and he sat next to me. It was quite nice to talk to him, because I've never had a chance to sit and actually have a conversation with him, and it was nice to just sit and sort of bullshit with him. Bukeka showed up, with her little son, Delbert. This boy, is the nicest child I have ever met. I think he's about 9 or ten, but acted as if he was 29. He sat at the table and read his little Harry Potter book, and chimed into the conversation when he was asked, and was a JOY to be around. I'm tangeting, I can feel it. Anyway, point being that it was so nice to be around a well behaved, well mannered, all around cool kid. Bukeka sang, and, of course, took my breath away. It was sort of funny because this whole gig was a 'church' related function, I think it was St. Agnes' volunteer dinner, or something like that, and Bukeka is this Goddess of the Universe, shimmering energy black woman singing for a room full of middle aged, very conservative white people, and it was hysterical because she was singing "Route 66" or one of her up-tempo songs, and the white people just couldn't find the rhythm, they were trying to snap and clap along, but bless their hearts, couldn't find a rhythm if it slapped them in the face. Bukeka sang, and was ultra-fabulous as usual (can you tell that I am in love with this woman....I joke with her, and I call her the Goddess of the Universe, because the woman is a goddess, there is just no other word to describe her!) So anyway, we left right after Richard and her performed, and Richard and I met up at the you guessed where up North, by our house. We chatted for what seemed to be fifteen minutes, but it turned out, when we got home, to be three hours! I stayed up and watched "Misery" on the T.V., and loved it (even though I had seen it before) and then went to bed.

Sunday

Overslept, and missed the service that I was specifically supposed to attend because I was being welcomed as a new member (they do that every first Sunday of the month, and you go up in front of the congregation, and sort of get to be formally welcomed into the community, it's quite nice), but I overslept, and woke up at 10:50am, and the service started at 10:30am. Oops, it's all good though, I'll just do it next month. Richard was at rehearsal from 2-6pm and then 7-9pm on two different rehersals, so then Schicky Baby rang on my cell phone, and said "what are you doing?" and I said nothing, so I met up with her and her daughter on the Plaza, at the Classic Cup for appetizers. Truly fabulous, and I just love that woman. She's a stitch, and a geniune, loving, hysterically funny woman, and we get along like two giddy school girls, just love her. So Richard rang my phone and then met us at the Classic Cup, in between his two rehearsals, and we had great fun, all together. Went to the Wesport Starbucks, had a drink, then met up with Pierce and Richard at the PLAZA starbucks, and that's probably why I'm up at this hour typing this journal. Great weekend, and I didn't even tell you about my dream about my friend Michelle Andreas, who I went to high school with. I had a dream that she had cancer, and looked like she was chineese, oh and the straight couple that walked into the party both nearly naked, and tripping on ecstacy, but I'll save that one, because this journal entry is long winded anyway, and I'm over it. More unemployment woes to be had in this upcoming week, I'm sure, BUT one great thing is that I've now confirmed my flight to Chicago this Friday, so I WILL be attending my friend Jen's wedding next Saturday, and will be able to see her and see some friends that I haven't seen for a loong time in Chicago. So excited! Okay, I'm over it! Later on kiddies.

Comments

Popular Posts