Ahhh....a day off

Ahhh....a day off
The obvious might still surprise you when it happens. Do things differently this time if you don't want to go around the same circle again. Compromise opens the door for immediate or gradual improvement.
It's FREEZING here:
So I finally got a day off.....long story.....but Old Navy has been giving me the shaft...this week they scheduled me 5.5 hours, and that to me...is known as the shaft!

From Leila:
my friend elizabeth wrote to me and told me that there's this stray kitten who has been hanging around outside her apartment door and so she's been taking care of it because she feels bad and its so col out. so she asked me if i had any suggestions on what to name it and i said how about "D.C." for damn cat. sometimes my bitterness really makes me chuckle. like i can't possibly get any more bitter so i'll just laugh about how bitter i really am. hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
BREAKING NEWS from CNN.com -- U.S. Marines deployed in southern Afghanistan attack armored column near Kandahar. 
BREAKING NEWS from CNN.com-- Doctors create human embryo through cloning, scientists at Massachusetts lab announce.

Does this shit ever stop? I'm so weary of this war....I can't even tell you. I am sick of telling people my opinion, because people always come back with "you're not an American" or some bullshit like that...whatever.... I saw Phil Donahue on Rosie the other day, and he was saying that dissent in this country is at an all time low, and that's what makes this country great...DISSENT people. I also agreed with him about a multitude of other things, but it's sort long winded to get into it right now. 
Yes, BJ, I do love the bjork stuff that you have posted....if only the files weren't so HUGE!...I know..it's not your fault....boo hoo! 
Okay, I am getting together a wish list...for the holidays....one of them is definitely is Playin' with My Friends: Bennett Sings the Blues just listen to the Stevie Wonder track from this...or at least a snippett of it!

While I'm at it listen to, Let's Fall in Love from Diane Schuur's new release...Swingin For Schuur....LOVE HER!
Everytime I get blue, or something hits me the wrong way.....first....I Have a Talk With God and then I realize....you know....everything could get worse..I am just one person who has this perception (read:warped-ass) of reality, and it's mine...I just need to realize that this world is full of people who have it WAY worse than me...I have a great life...a wonderfulhusband, a wonderful website, a wonderfully supportive Family, and I just need to realize it more often! So there!

Christmas Wish List:
(CD's)

Bjork: Homogenic
Diane Schuur: Swingin' For Schuur
Tony Bennett: Playin' with My Friends: Bennett Sings the Blues
Stevie Wonder: Songs In the Key of Life
Sinead O'Conner: Faith and Courage
Mary J. Blige: No More Drama
I KNOW there's tons more, but I don't have the sheet that I wrote them all down on...right now...

Books

Elizabeth: A Biography of Britain's Queen: by Sarah H. Bradford
The Universe in a Nutshell Stephen Hawkins
Coldheart Canyon: Clive Barker

That's all I can think of now, but I'll have more when I get my damm wishlist going.....c'mon Firstar don't fail me now!

Comments

Popular Posts