Salvation Army caves

Salvation Army caves

Intensity is your middle name, your best friend and your guiding light. Loved ones and close associates are lucky to have such a force of nature on their side. Opponents might as well go home and hide.

Love the horoscope for today!
In response to strong pressure from anti-gay groups, the national office of the Salvation Army overturned the decision of its western division to offer health benefits to the domestic partners of it employees. "We've been listening to our internal and external constituencies, and we now confirm adherence to biblical principles concerning marriage and the family," said Theresa Whitfield, a Salvation Army spokeswoman
This is my letter to the President of the Salvation Army. For more information on this, just click the logo, and you'll be taken to the Human Rights Campaign site about this issue

Dear Mr. Busby: 

I am writing in response to your organization's recent decision to not extend domestic partner benefits for your employees. I think this decision is wrong, and I will tell you why. 

Your company has a long tradition of helping those in need, most recently, helping the victims of the September 11th tragedy and the recent plane crash in New York. If you can help these people in their dire time of need, what is it that is preventing you from extending that selflessness to your gay/lesbian employees? 

The media release that your spokesperson released had the quote "now, we are aligned with biblical principles", well isn't loving your neighbor a biblical principal? What I don't understand is your seemingly deft NON-understanding of biblical principles. When you extend love and compassion to victims of countless tragedies throughout this country, why do you draw the line at gay and lesbian people who are employed by your wonderful company. They too are human beings Mr. Busby. They too are in need of your compassion. By drawing a line and discarding your gay and lesbian employees like this, you are making a grave mistake. I hope you come to your senses soon. 

Please know that in the past, I have been a supporter of the Salvation Army, and that will stop completely, unless you reverse this short-sighted, offensive policy. 

Please forward any correspondence to the address below. 


Sincerely, 
William K. Rosen 

I also got this wonderful quote from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., which I think should be posted on here, as it pertains to the world's current circumstances, and also supports everything that I have said about this ill-fated war.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it... Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." 
--Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hee Hee, and also got an email from the hysterical Betty Bowers

I've been working these past couple of days, I had orientation at Old Navy and Barnes and Noble and I think, (this is just my first impression) that I am going to like working at B & N much better than Old Navy. The interaction with the customers, the sheer amount of caffine intake, and the employees seem to be much more open and welcoming there. Case in point: I had my second full day yesterday and this woman that I am working with "Laura" is fabulous. I pretty much came out to them, and they had no problem, and then, after a couple of hours working with them she said to me "Now I don't want to quit, because working with you would make it all worth the bullshit!" I just about cried. So, during work yesterday, Shicky called and invited me to go to the symphony tonight, and hear

Hélène Grimaud Piano 
Anne Manson Conductor
KC Symphony Chorus 

Janácek Suite from The Fiddler's Child
Bartók Concerto for Piano No. 3
Prokofiev Alexander Nevsky, op. 78

Although, she said that they were supposed to perform yesterday, but the French chick cancelled, so they won't be doing any Bartok tonight....sort of a slap in the face to the symphony, she said....drama drama. Needless to say, I'm terribly excited to go hear the Symphony Chorus here in KC. I haven't heard it yet, and I want to compare it to the CSOC, I know it won't be as good, but nonetheless, I'm still interested in hearing it.
Oh, and I also found a picture of Cathy Lee Crosby....I know what you're about to say, Bill, you're insane.....yea...so what?

I have been politically active today...love it!

Inbox for guillaume773@hotmail.com
William Rosen Message from a concerned citizen Nov 15 2k 
William Rosen Please Co-Sponsor the Domestic Partnership Benefits...Nov 15 2k 
William Rosen As A Constituent Thank You for Co-Sponsoring H.R. 1342/S. 625...Nov 15 2k 
William Rosen PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION ON DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS... Nov 15 2k 
William Rosen Message from a concerned citizen Nov 15 2k 

Comments

Popular Posts