Back to the drawing board

Back to the drawing board
Thank you for submitting your resume to Stivers Staffing Services. We appreciate your interest in our organization! One of our representatives will be contacting you shortly to discuss this position. In the meantime, you can learn more about our company and see ALL our current openings by visiting www.stivers.com. Stivers Staffing Services has been an industry leader since 1945!
yeah...boo hoo
This is simply hysterical, hysterical you have to download it and listen to it. On that same note, there is a great article here about the School of Americas.
"Backyard terrorism" by George Monbiot
"If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents," George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, "they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril." I'm glad he said "any government", as there's one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention. 

For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government......

Dear god, didjya just love the movie K-PAX, I couldn't imagine how you couldn't.

So my day started off weirdly enough because I couldn't sleep at all on Sunday night. I have been fighting this insomnia for what seems like an eternity, but in reality it's only been something like, oh 10 YEARS or so. Recently, it's gotten worse, and I have been staying up, not being able to sleep at all, then I finally do sleep, and I am in shitty condition for the day...I feel like I need to go to a sleep disorder clinic or something, truly. So anyway, Richard got the Sunday classifieds for me from the coffee place, so I dove right into them today. I sent out twenty resume's today, and by the end of the day, one response. (from accountemps, they said that I was now 'on their list' and they'll call if they need me.....great....that's great). So I actually felt like I accomplished much today. So Richard had his meeting at the church and I was to meet him there afterwards so we could go to the coffee mecca, get a drink, and then go to Quality HIl Playhouse to see a show. So we had a cup of coffee, and ran into Larry Barker and Doug. That's a whole story unto itself, but we bid them adieu and went on our way to the theatah. The show is cancelled, because poor Kent Barnhardt is terribly sick, and the show is him playing he piano, and hosting the show, so he cancelled. Saw Terri Wilder, shmoozed with her, visited with Kathleen, and then went back home. We didn't know what to do with the rest of the evening, so I suggested a movie, and that's where we wound up, at the movies watching K-PAX, loved it loved it loved it, he WAS an alien, he DID go back, and I believed it all. I believed that there are aliens around us on the Earth, I believe that everything in that movie was completely feasible and logical. Some disagree, but how can they possibly think that we're the only life-forms in this galaxy? How can they possibly think that? It's like (and this has really nothing to do with anything, but my wacked mind trying to make a connection where there is none) one of the times that my friend Lisa and I were out at the cajun (or whatever it was) bar on 39th street. Here we are, enjoying our drinks and talking amoungst ourselves, when this woman comes up, and stands right behind Lisa, facing her back to us and stands there. I didn't really notice her until she stood behind Lisa, and then I started watching her. So she lights up a cigarette, and puts her pack of cigarettes and lighter on the bar. This doesn't alarm me, because of course, she's just a random woman smoking right? Then of course, I notice that the woman looks weird (I may have written about this before, I'll look it up when I get a chance), like her body is weird. Then I realize that she's pregnant! The woman is obviously pregnant and she's smoking. Drove me nuts, I couldn't even look at her. Then the woman was soind SHOTS too....pregnant, smoking and doing shots of liquor at the bar. So my POINT...in telling that story (and tying it into the whole KPAX, life on other planets) it's like, there are just some things that are SO basic. Yes, there are aliens, you DONT smoke and do shots while you are WITH CHILD. Does that make any sense? Now that I re-read it, it doesn't, or at least if I read it it for the first time ever, it wouldn't make sense to me, but it DOES make sense to me....and that's all that really matters, because it's my damm journal, and whether it makes sense to you, the reader is of no importance. I'll explain it when I get a clarifying moment. Some day.

Comments

Popular Posts