drivers license woes

Richard and I went this morning, and through a series of trials and tribulations, I got a Missouri license. Thank you Jesus. It is so amazing, I have waited for this day to come, and I've said quite publicly that the day that I get my license in Missouri, is the day that we are going to have a big ol party. I've already said to Richard that we need to go out after chorus, and we need to celebrate! After I got my license, we went to AAA and got insurance for the new car, and with all of THAT information, I went to the drivers place, and after you pay a series of fees, they give you a set of license plates. So now, I have a license, I have insurance, and I have plates for the car, so I can drive around in the new car as far as I want. How fabulous. I decided to come back to work, just because I needed to get some lunch, and I wanted to share my great news with Phyllis and everybody at work. They were terribly excited for me, and now I can't wait until work is over so I can slap those plates on there, and take off! I just talked with my baby, and he is going to pick me up for the last time to take me home. AND I just spoke with my Mom and she was terribly excited too. I am excited, now I just want the work day to be over, so I can drive to rehearsal, and back! I told Richard that I wanted to go out tonight, because this is definite cause for celebration! So anyone in Missouri, if you see

679 NZE

plates, those are mine! Now, I just have to name my car. If anyone has any suggestions, because I was thinking that I would really like to find a women character's name from 1983. So I was thinking Crystal Carrington, from Dynasty, or I couldn't think of any names from L.A. Law other than Anne Kelsie, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to suggestions. I'm going to have to think about driving to work now, because Richard said that maybe he was going to take me to work, or maybe not. So another thing, (I just keep on thinking of things that this allows me to do) that if this Shook thing doesn't work out, now I can drive to interviews. Today I gave blood at work, it's so funny, because I was talking with a women in my department, and she was petrified of going and giving blood, and I was trying to re-assure her that it really no big deal. It's so funny, I think it goes back to the skydiving concept, that I don't really fear anything anymore. Or, better yet, I don't really fear anything really small like that. I heard somebody say "don't sweat the small stuff, and in this life, everything is small stuff" and I really believe that. I have no idea where I heard that, maybe from Richard, from something that he said. I can say with all sincerity that I am proud of myself. I never really was able to say that before. I was always proud of my accomplishments in the music world, but in my personal life, I wasn't able to say that to myself, and for once in my life I can sing that song and mean the words. "for once in my life, I won't let sorrow hurt me, not like it's hurt me before, for once in my life, I have someone who loves me, not like they've loved me before" or whatever that second lyric is. That's my theme song now. For once in my life! I sort of like that. I know everybody and their brother has sung that song. Semantics.
I send an email to LEILA about the drives license and look what she sends me

Congratulations Bill. About damn time too might I add. Oh and one more thing....

Why are you soooooooooooooooooooooo GAY!!?!!!??

I have such good friends! Leila cracks me up, we're always accusing each other of being "so gay." It's actually quite hysterical. I am going to drive to rehearsal tonight, and then drive to the bar and have a couple martini's, and then drive home. Isn't that funny? I was just thinking about that, to celebrate the drivers license, we go out, and we drink and drive. Beautiful. I'm just glad I got the license, because I can never spell the damm word, and I've been typing it for what seems to be an eternity in this journal! Today is the end of those days too. Today is a day that I will remember for a long time. I will make a point of remembering it because I will remember the days when I couldn't drive, legally that is, when I could only drive around the neighborhood, and that was illegal. Now, if I get stopped (and in Missouri, it's like there's a cop every thirty miles) I can show my current insurance, I can show my current drivers license, and they won't be able to TOUCH me! WATCH OUT MISSOURI!

Comments

Popular Posts