SleepTalker

God, I am tired this morning. Richard was telling me that I was talking up a storm last night, and then early this morning I blurted out "well it's only an audition". I have no idea, and I was telling him on the ride down here that I am totally fascinated by that whole concept of my sleep talking. Everybody always tells me that, and I always wake up feeling like I haven't slept a wink, and Richard told me that I kept on waking up because I couldn't breathe, that I was trying to breathe through my nose, and I couldn't breathe. So anyway, I couldn't sleep last night, and that's why I feel like I haven't slept, because I hardly did last night. Richard went to this play thing with Elsa last night. It was apparently a Don Knotts play about discovering that his son is gay. He said it was cute, but the acting sucked. He also said that when the acting sucks at that theater, that the acting is still first-rate, so I guess it didn't' suck, it was still good, but not as good as it could have been. So I just stayed home last night, and watched the West Wing, but it was a rerun, so I was bored with that. It was the one where they spend most of the time on Air Force One, and some of the staff is at the White House, and the majority of the staff is on Air Force One. So needless to say it was a rerun, and I have seen that one twice now. I was just sort of sickly last night, and I feel like I am totally sick this morning as well. I probably shouldn't' be here, because I am probably totally contagious, and getting this whole office sick, but as Phyllissaid "you're not here, you don't get paid, hello" and at this point, I need all the money that the Universe can give me. I live an Abundant Life, I am filled with abundance. If I just keep on telling myself that, I'll start to believe it, and then when I start to believe it, then it will become true. This I know is true. I know this to be true.

I have waited, toes curled, hat rolled, heart and genitals in hand, on the back porches of America's white outhouse. In the fields and something or rejection.

See how easily I tangent? It must be the coffee finally hitting me. I actually don't have anything planned for this morning, or today for that matter. I think we might be going to Kathleen's house for dinner. It's either Kathleen tonight or Monty and Trilla's house, one of the two. God I feel like shit, I just have to say that. Here are the words I have to learn, for the showby next week:

ANYTHING GOES
Times have changed, and we've often rewound the clock Since the puritans got a shock, when they landed on Plymouth Rock If today any shock they should try to stem, stead of landing on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock would land on them. In olden days a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking but now God knows, anything goes. Good authors too, who once knew better words now only use four letter words writing prose; anything goes. The world has gone mad today, and good's bad today, and black's white today and day's night today and most guys today that men prize today are just silly gigolos. When every night the set that's smart is intruding on nudist parties in studios. Anything goes. When Mrs. Ned McLean (God bless her) can get Russian reds to 'yes' her than I suppose, anything goes. When Rockefeller still can hoard enough money to let Max Gordon produce his shows, anything goes. if saying your prayers you like, if green pears you like, if old chairs you like, if back stairs you like, if love affairs you like with young bears you like why nobody will oppose. And though I'm not a great romancer, I'm sure that I'm bound to answer when you propose; anything goes. (TENORS= OO's) darling Anna shows - anything goes, anything goes. Times have changed, times have changed. Now a days in many ways. Anything/anything /SPEAK="anything goes!"
KANSAS CITY
(baritone intro) (all tenors) I counted twenty gas buggies goin by their sels almost every time I tuk a walk, then I put my ear to a Bell telephone and a strange woman started in to talk. What next? what next? Every things up to date in Kansas City, they've gone about as fur as they can go. They went and built a skyscraper seven stories high about as high as a building aughta grow! Everythin's like a dream in Kansas City. It's better than a magic lantern show, y' can turn the raidiator on whenever you want some heat, with every kind of comfort every house is all complete, y' can walk to privies in the rain and never wet your feet, they've gone about as fur as they can go, they've gone about as fur as they can go. Everything's up to date in Kansas City, they've gone about as fur as they can go they've got a big the-ay-ter they call the Bur les que for fifty cents you can see a dandy show. (SOLO) She went about as fur as she could go. Oh! That's about as fur as we can go, and that's about as fur as we can go.
NELLY MEDLEY
Oh! I'm a wild and wooly son of the west, where all the men are born with hair on their chests, where the rattlesnakes rattle and the cactus like to grow, and we don't give a damm for the rain or the snow, that's where the buzzards do their buzzin the best, and where the birds use cactus to feather their nest. Some folks wonder how I get by, well, I'm a one gun man with a two gun eye Oh! I'm a wild and wooly son of the west with a yippee yi yo key ay WAIT, WAIT WAIT TILL THE SUN SHINES (MEDLEY)
Wait 'til the sun shines Nellie, when the clouds go drifting by. We will be happy Nellie, Don't you cry (don't you cry). Down lovers lane we'll wander, sweethearts you and I, Wait till the sun shines Nellie, bye and bye(MY NELLY's) My dear Nelly's eyes are blue, hair of bright and golden hue; Like his heart, his eyes are true, My Nelly my own.(2nd Verse) Never lived a Queen so fair, with my Nelly life I'd share. By his side I'd know no care, My Nelly my own. Ne'er was culled from nature's bow'r Half so rare or sweet as flow'r, through we've culled them hour by hour My Nelly my own, My Nelly's blue eyes, My Nelly's blue eyes, Brighter than stars that shine at night My Nelly's blue eyes. Sweetheart's you and I, wait till the sun shines Nelly, bye and bye, bye and bye, (yes by and bye)
SOFT SHOE SONG
Give me that old soft show, I said that old soft shoe, ah one, ah two, a doo-dle-dee doo-dle-dee doo. Play me that old soft shoe and nothing else will do that's the dance my darling used to do. (repeat on do's) (TENORS)We'll sing love's refrain, dance the whole night through, strolling lover's lane, we'll harmonize and doodle dee doodle dee doo, Give me that old soft shoe I said that old soft shoe, ah one, ah two, a doodle dee doodle dee doo, play me that old soft shoe and nothing else will do that's the dance my darling used to do. Do Do.
GERSHWIN MEDLEY
Someday he'll come along, the man I love, and he'll be big and strong, the man I love, and when he comes my way, I'll do my best to make him stay doo-doo / won't, we both won't say a word Doo. Him Sunday maybe Monday maybe not. Still I'm sure to meet him one day, maybe Tuesday will be my good news day. We'll build a little home, that's meant for two, from which I'll never roam, who would, would you, and so all else above, I'm waiting for the man I love.(SOMEONE) longing to see, I hope that he, turns out to be, someone who'll watch over me. Doo. Little lamb who's lost in the woods, I know I could, always be good, to one who'll watch over me. Although he may not be the man some guys think of as handsome to my heart he'll carry the key. Won't you tell him to put on some speed, follow my lead, oh how I need, someone who'll watch over me.
(THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY)
The way you wear your hat, the way you sip your tea, the mem'ry of all that, No! No! They can't take that away from me, the way your smile just beams, the way you sing off key, the way you haunt my dreams, No! No! They can't take that away from me. Never meet again on the bumpy road to love, always/ mem'ry, the way you hold your knife, the way we danced til three, the way you changed my life, No! No! they can't take that away from me.
(EMBRACEABLE U)
Embrace me, you irreplaceable you. Just one look at you my heart went tipsy in me. -bring out the the gy psy in me, in me, I love all the many charms about you. Above all, I want my arms about you. Don't be a naughty baby, come to papa come to papa doo.
SOLDIERS CHORUS
Glory and love to the men of old! Their sons may copy their virtue bold, Courage in heart and a sword in hand, Both ready to fight and ready to die for fatherland. Who needs bidding to dare, by a trumpet blown? Who lacks pity to spare when the field is won? Who would fly from a foe, if alone or last? And boast he was true; as cowards might do when peril is past. (Repeat chorus) Now home again, welcome the long and fiery strife of war is over; rest charms us after toil as hard as ours beneath a stranger sun. Many a maiden fair is waiting there to greet her truant soldier lover and many a heart will fail, and brow grow pale to hear, to hear the tale of cruel peril he has run and many heart and many a heart will fail and brow will grow pale to hear the tale of peril he has run. We are at home We are at home. We are at home. (Repeat chorus with ending harmonies)
ARMED FORCES SALUTE (ARMY)
Over hill, over dale, we will hit the dusty trail, In and out hear them shout counter march and right about. Then it's Hi! Hi! Hee! in the field artillery Shout out your numbers loud and strong! For where e're you go, you will always know that the Caissons go Rolling along. (COAST GUARD)
Semper Paratus is our guide, our fame, and glory too. To fight to save or fight and die Aye! Coast Guard we are for you. (MARINES)
from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we will fight our country's battles on the land as on the sea. First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean, we are proud to claim the title of United States Marines. (AIR FORCE)
Off we go into the Wild Blue Yonder, climbing high into the sun, Here they come, zooming to meet our thunder, climbing high, into the sun. At e'm boys! Give 'er the gun! Down we dive spouting our flame from under, off with one hell uv-a roar. We live in fame or go down in flame Hey! nothing with stop the U.S. Air force (NAVY)
Anchors away my boys Anchor away Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day day day day, Through our last night on shore drink to the foam, Until we meet once more here's wishing you a happy voyage ...home.
BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
Nature never fashioned a flower so fair, no rose can compare, nothing respectable, half so delectable, Cheer them in their glory diamonds and pearls, Dazzling jewels by the score This is what beauty can be, beauty celestial the best you'll agree, all for you these beautiful girls. (REPEAT with 2nd Verse)= Faced with these lorelies what man can moralise, caution on your guard with beautiful girls, flawless charmers every one. This is how Sampson was shorn, each in her style Delilah reborn, each a gem a beautiful, diadem of beautiful, welcome them these beautiful girls.
EVERY BABY NEEDS A DA-DA-DADDY
(SOLO)Every baby needs a da da daddy, to keep her worry free, everybody needs a da da daddy but where's the one for me? Rich or poor I don't car who if he hasn't got a million then a half will do, could my da daddy by you? (REPEAT 2nd AFTER SOLO) Every baby needs a da da daddy with silver in his hair, Every baby needs a da da daddy who has some gold to spare Some sweet softie who enjoys bringing home his baby little diamond toys, Everybody needs a da da daddy could my da daddy be you. You hoo!
MY HEAT BELONGS TO DADDY
While tearing off, a game of golf, make my play for the caddy, but when I do, I don't follow through cause my heart belongs to daddy. daddy daddy. If I invite a boy some night, to dine on my fine finnan haddie, I just adore his asking for more, but my heart belongs to daddy, yes my heart belongs to daddy so I simply couldn't be bad, yes my heart belongs to daddy, da-da-da-da-da-da daddy, So I want to warn you laddie, though I think you're perfectly swell, that my heart belongs to daddy, cause my daddy he treats it so well. and treats it, and then he repeats it, my daddy he treats it so well.
IN PRAISE OF FUCKING WOMEN
Pretty women at their mirrors, letter writing, weather watching, how they make a man sing! Proof of heaven, as you living, pretty women, sir pretty women, here's to pretty women, all the pretty women. Someone will hold me soft as jenny, skinny and blue eyed as Amy, Susan. Someone will wake me sweet as Amy, tender and foolish as Sarah, Joanne. I don't know even now quite how it began. You must meet my wife Joanne. OOH. Someone will hold me soft as Jenny, skinny and blue eyed as Amy, Susan. Someone will wake me sweet as Amy, tender and foolish as Sarah, Joanne! Bloody Mary is the girl I love now a'int that too damm bad. That's why the lady is a tramp. Bee-dle dee dee dee, two ladies bee dle dee dee dee. <3 ladies> bee. Fifty seven ladies and we're the only men Ja! Bess, you is my woman now, You is. Marian. Madame librarian. Bloody Mary Sarah, Amy, Susan, jenny and maria, Dulcinella, dolly, Annie, sally Jesse and Evita, Cinderella Bess, Rapunzel Mary Poppins Bonnie Jean Joanne. Joanne. Pretty women, sir pretty women, here's to pretty women.
I'M STILL HERE
I've been through Ghandi, Windsor and Wally's affair, and I'm here. Amos n' Andy, Mahjongg and platinum hair, and I"m here. I got through Abie's Irish Rose, had heebie jeebies for Beebies, Bathy sphere. I've lived through Brenda Fraszier and I'm here. Doot Doot Doot, Anything else is a laugh. Reefers and vino, rest cures religion and pills, and I'm here, Been called a pink, commie tool, Got through it stinko by my pool, I should have gone to an acting school that seems clear, so I'm here. Black sable one day, next day it goes into hock, But I'm here. Top billing Monday, Tuesday you're touring in stock, but I'm here, First you're another sloe-eyed vamp. Then you career to career to career. I'm almost through my memoirs and I'm here. Doot Doot Doot., Whatever happened to her? Good Times and bum times, I've see them all and my dear, I'm still here. Plush velvet sometimes, sometimes just pretzels and beer, but I'm here. s I've run the gamut, A to Z. I've got through all of last year, and I'm here. Lord knows at least I was there, and I'm here. Looks who's here, I'm still here.

GYPSY MEDLEY
Extra! Extra! Hey, look at the headlines, historical news is being made. Extra! Extra! They're drawing a red line, around the biggest scoop of the decade. A barrel of charm, a fabulous thrill, the biggest little headline in vaudeville. Hmm. Just let me entertain you, and we'll have a real good time yes sir, we'll have a real good time. So let us entertain you, let us make you smile, We're very versatile. And if you're real good, we'll make you feel good, We want your spirits to climb, just let us entertain you, and we'll have a real good time yes sir, we'll have a real good time. Some people can get their thrill, knitting sweaters and sitting still, That's okay for some people who don't know they're alive. That's perfect for some people of one hundred and five, but I at least gotta try, when I think of : All the sights that I gotta see yet, All the places I gotta play, All the things that I gotta be yet. Come on, Papa whaddya say? Some people can be content, playing bingo and paying rent, that's peachy for some people for sun hum drum people to be. But some people a'int me. Things look swell, Things look great, gonna have the whole world on a plate, starting here, starting now, honey Everything's coming up Roses. Clear the decks, clear the tracks, we got nothing to do but relax, blow a kiss, take a bow, honey everything's coming up roses. Now's our inning, stand the whole world on it's ear, set it spinning, that'll be just the beginning. Curtain Up! Light the lights We've got nothing to hit but the heights! We'll be swell, I can tell, That lucky start I talk about is due! Honey, everything's coming up Roses for me and for you!


FOR THE LOVE OF GOD that's a lot of words! Melissais coming down to my floor to get me to go and smoke. Even though I feel like shit, I'll go with her. I just have to get away from this desk for a little bit. I am so anxious to get all of these journal entries onto the damm page, I want to try and get a January/February/March/April sort of idea going, like have different journal pages. One for January. I think it should be journaljan.html & journalfeb.html & journalmar.html. I think that actually looks good too. Oh, I just got a little excited when I was doing that, I love the spark of inspiration. I think it should look something like this:

Welcome to My Journal


Please pick which month of 2001 you would like to view:


January, 2001


February, 2001


March, 2001



I really like that idea. I think that I'll stay for as long as I possibly can, but I feel like I'm not doing any good staying here while I'm sick, but then again, I hate to not get money. Oh well, three hours is not going to make or break me, I should just leave. I'll just stay until lunch, and then see if Richard can pick me up. Like I said before, I'm not doing any good here, I'm going to leave at lunch, and that's my final answer!

Comments

Popular Posts