Your Majesty:

This is a letter that I have sent the Queen of England, I want to see what the response is. I was just talking with Leila and I was telling her that I wanted to start a letter writing campaign to all of the leaders of the world and see what kind of responses I get. Here it is:

HRH Queen Elizabeth II
Buckingham Palace
London, England
SW1A 1AA

Your Majesty:

My name is William Rosen, I am from the United States. I wanted to write you and tell you that I am an enormous admirer of yours. I feel that you are one of the most influential women in the history of the British Monarchy, and one of the most respected women in the history of the world. History will show that you are the most brilliant women in the history of documented time. I wanted to also tell you that I have the utmost respect for you and your family. I know that in past weeks your country has gone through a horrible ordeal with the discovery of the 'foot and mouth' disease, and I wanted to give you my unending support through this difficult time. It is a tribute to your leadership that you pull your country through turbulent times like these. I also wanted to know that whatever decisions that you make, I am in complete support of you, and my unending love of you and the Monarchy will never cease. I could only wish that in America, that we have a leader so wonderful as you. My life has been enriched by watching your family grow and develop, and blossom into a family that is truly wonderful. I give you my unending support and gratitude.


Thank you,



William K. Rosen
- - - Jackson
Kansas City, MO
United States of America


Isn't that just hysterical? I try to write her every chance I get, because I LOVE her. Well a couple of things to report today, this weekend was a good one. On Friday, Richard and I went out to the bar and had a couple of drinks. We were talking about my getting an apartment and everything that went along with that whole issue. I still don't know how I feel about that. I think I am leaning towards getting an apartment because I feel as though I really haven't been able to explore this city, and I haven't been able to make any new friends other than the ones at work and that doesn't really count. I just don't know if that will help in that, or not help. I don't know what to think about this whole thing. On Friday, Phyllis and I were talking about getting an apartment together, and she was quite excited about that whole prospect, but I am still unsure. So on Friday we went out to the bar, Saturday morning we went and took my car to get inspected. That was a really funny story because I was sort of worried that the car either wouldn't pass the inspection because it was so old, or that we would run into some other problem getting that car to pass, but as it turns out, we went to the little dingy gas station and the man didn't even look at the car at all, he just wanted to see the paperwork, and then he just wrote all the paperwork up, and I gave him my twelve dollars and he just put the sticker on the car and that was it. No questions. So at least the car got inspected. Then Richard had to go play in the afternoon for some of his friends, and I stayed home, we went grocery shopping on Saturday night. Sunday morning, I slept in, and then we went to lunch at this cute little Mexican place with his friends Crystal and Michelle, the power lesbians. They were of course very nice, I had met them before at their Christmas party and they were wonderful. Then I went with Richard to one of his rehearsals for the DIVA! DIVA! DIVA! show and that was fabulous. It was Lea Lavish and Nancy Nail who were there at the rehearsal, they both have tremendous voices, and it was just so inspiring to hear them. It makes me want to break out and audition for more choruses, and even more solo stuff. I think the reason why I haven't really auditioned for much outside the chorus is that I have wanted to really get my roots in this city started, and I haven't really been able to get that done, because I've been so limited in my travel. But as soon as I get my license situation finished, I'm going to be a driving fool. I actually got the feeling that the novelty is going to wear off quickly. Like I am going to drive around for a while, and then remember how fabulous it was, but then remember how not big of a deal it was to drive around. We'll see. I spoke with Leila on Sunday night, I actually called her twice. I sent her an email with the text of that letter to the Queen, and she called me insane. I just have no idea of why I get such a kick out of sending her mail. I think it's just the novelty of receiving something from Buckingham Palace. It's the same sort of thing when you receive something from the White House, you just feel like somebody special. I realize that they get an inordinate amount of mail each day, but I still think that it's special. Gosh darn it, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dammit, the Queen likes me! I actually called home on Sunday evening too, and I spoke with Mary. It was great to talk to her, she and I don't' really get a lot of chances to speak to each other, so I thought that was cool. I just got her new email address, so I'll be more in contact with her as well. I sent an email to Sue because I haven't talked with her in so long, and I want to keep in contact with her as much as I can. I can't wait to see her on Easter. Oh and I got my flight information for that Easter weekend, I'll post that on here as well:

PASSENGER(S)
WILLIAM ROSEN
ITINERARY:

Friday, April 13 - Kansas City to Chicago Midway

Flight 168
Depart Kansas City (MCI) at 6:55 PM and,
arrive in Chicago Midway (MDW) at 8:10 PM.

Monday, April 16 - Chicago Midway to Kansas City

Flight 271
Depart Chicago Midway (MDW) at 6:10 PM and
arrive in Kansas City (MCI) at 7:30 PM.

I am terribly excited about going to Chicago to see everybody. I was telling Leila that my Mom was trying to get me to stay at their house on Easter weekend, and she said "you would have access to a car, and we could work everything out, etc." and I was just laughing because before, when I was living there, my Mom wouldn't let me get ten feet within any of the cars, and now that I've moved away, she's saying that I would have full access to the cars. But nonetheless, I totally appreciate the offer. I think she wanted me to stay at their house for the whole weekend, but I think that I am going to stay at Leila's place, just because I know that we are going to go out and get crazy in the city, and meet up with Terese, and probably crash at Terese's place on Saturday night. Who really knows what's going to happen, I sho' don't. I'm sort of scared to see what happens that weekend. I'm sure we'll do some moderate drinking SHYA!@ It should be great fun though, I haven't seen everybody since I moved, and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to my parents, nor Leila, nor really anyone except Sue & Thom, so that'll be good to see everybody. I'm getting more and more excited as the days pass, and as the days get closer to Easter. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! I'll have more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts