Starbucks

Well isn't that a beeyatch. I tried to go get my license today with Richard and they promptly shut the door in my face. Of course they won't let me even apply for a license because I don't have the reinstatement letter from the Secretary of State in Illinois. Why would I think that it would be any easier? I was joking with Heidi Mattingly called the house and told me that they didn't offer me the job at the other law firm "even though you tested exceptionally well" because I was affiliated with the temp service. Isn't that a hoot. So I go back to square one, and try this again. All I need really is that dammed letter from the Secretary of State in Illinois. Oh, the tangled web we weave, said the spider. I just have to get in a more positive mentality, and then everything will fall into place. I was just hoping that today I could get everything done and done quickly so that I could then apply for plates for the stupid car, and get everything done in one fell swoop. What was I thinking? I just have to stop. So, Richard is going out with Elsa tonight, and the house is being shown at 5:30pm or so, so when he picks me up, he can't take me home, because we can't be in the house when it's being shown, so I think we decided to meet at the Starbucksat theCity Center. I hope that link works, I'm not sure if that's the same one, the city center one, but that's okay. On a more positive note, I got an email from Richardthat invited the men's quarter that I sang in at church to sing on the opening of the DIVA! DIVA! DIVA! show. It would be a quartet with John Sims,Bill Nelson, Jim King and I, and we would sing the opening of Puttin' On the Ritz, and do a hat and cane routine throughout the rest of that number. I thought that was exciting at least. I am totally excited to be apart of that show, it apparently is the biggest fundraiser that the church has every year, and apparently is a huge show, and a huge success every year, so I'm excited to be a part of that. I'm not sure when the show is, but I'll put that information in when I get it. Melissajust called me to go down for a smoke, and I told her to come down here first, so I'll go and do that, and come back to this. Things are turning up, if I just keep that attitude, I should be fine, if I keep on thinking positively, then everything should go my way, and things should start to fall into my lap. That letter is coming soon, it's already on it's way, I just have to be patient and wait for it. I actually had a funny idea of what I am going to do when I get that flipping letter, I am going to ask the guy that sits next to me in Accounting, and ask him to scan it in, and then change it to a .PDF file, and then change it into a .JPG file so I can display it proudly on the webpage. I want to get the license scanned also, because like I've said before, the day that I get that damm license, is the day that I am going to celebrate, big time. We also had rehearsallast night, and it's getting down to the wire now. We have rehearsal next Tuesday, Wednesday is the Tech Rehearsal, Thursday is the Dress, and then Saturday and Sunday is the show. I think that I am going to order the CD from the GALA Festival 2000 of CGMC and I want to order the 'Best of Festival 2000' CD as well. As it turns out, CGMC and HMC are on the "Best of" CD, HMC sung "One World" and CGMC sang "In Whatever Time We Have", so I thought that those two cd's would be a great addition to the CD collection. Here's a little information on the upcoming season with HMC:

Wednesday, March 28, 6:45pm - TECH Rehearsal
Thursday, March 29, 6:45pm - DRESS Rehearsal
Saturday, March 31, 6:00pm CALL - Follies! performance (8pm) at the Folly
Sunday, April 1, 3:00pm CALL - Follies! performance (4pm) at the Folly
Cast Party in the shareholders room after concert
Tuesday, April 3, 2001 - \\$200 Deposit due for HMC 2002 European Tour
Tuesday, April 10, 7-10pm, All Soul's - First rehearsal for Summer Concert OUR FAMILY ALBUM
Saturday, May 12 - Community Performance @ Folly Theater
Saturday, June 16th/Sunday, June 17 - Summer Concert OUR FAMILY ALBUM
Friday, June 22nd/Saturday, June 23rd - Joint Concert with CGMC in Chicago.

So that gives you a little idea of what my schedule is going to be like for the next couple of months. I haven't decided if I want to sing for that OUR FAMILY ALBUM yet, but I probably will. I think I want to audition for the Kansas City Chorale as well, I'll have to find out when the auditions for that group are. I think that they are coming up soon, as I remember the President of the chorus saying something about going to their concert and saying that it was spectacular. I would love to start participating in some more serious chorus music. I think I've said that in previous entries, I should attach my music resume so I can put a Music Resume link on here. That's it, I'm done with the journal today, it's just about 4pm, and I have a fever, so I'm burning up, and when I close my eyes, it's like that burning sensation that feels really good when you close your eyes, but it just makes you want to go to sleep. I have so much to do on this damm webpage, it makes me upset that I can't get to it everyday, I'll just have to ask Pierce if I can borrow that laptop again.

Comments

Popular Posts