Wednesday

Wednesday-March 28, 2001
Well today was the first day that I drove to work. I don't think that I like it though, because I had to pay to park, and I always hate doing that. It's raining here in KC, and it's one of those cold Spring days that is so cold, it chills you to the bone. Connie just gave me one of her "even out" pills (a Xanex) so I hope that helps with the headache. I just hope that I can concentrate for the rest of the day. Richard just emailed me and told me that the house is being shown at 5:30-6, so we should meet at the house at 6, so I guess I'll just go driving around until 6. That should be fun, I'll go exploring around the city. I gave Connie a recording of the Cantique du Jean Racine, and I told her that was us during my college years. This is the running order of the performance on Saturday and Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEARTLAND MEN'S CHORUS

Spring Concert 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Anything Goes.....................................................Cole Porter
Kansas City (from Oklahoma).............................Richard Rogers Nellie Medley.........................................................Patrick Flanigan

- I'm a Wild and Wooly Son of the West
- Wait 'Till the Sun Shine's Nellie
- My Nelly's Blue Eyes
Old Soft Shoe...............................................................Roy Jordan and Sid Bass
(Chamber Chorus)
TBA
Gershwin Medley.........................................................George Gershwin
Soldier's Chorus (from Faust)....................................Charles Gounod
INTERMISSION
Armed Forces Salute...................................................Bob Lowden
Beautiful Girls (from Follies!).....................................Steven Sondheim
Heartbeat + HMC
Burlesque Medley
- Ya Gotta Have a Gimmick (Heartbeat)
- I Wana Be Bad (Solo + Heartbeat)
- Every Baby Needs A Da-Da-Daddy (Solo + Full Chorus)
- My Heart Belongs to Daddy (Heartbeat + Full Chorus)
In Praise of Women.......................................................Sinozich
I'm Still Here....................................................................Steven Sondheim
Everything's Coming Up Roses...................................S. Sondheim/G. Stein


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that's the show. It should be a great show, I hope everything comes together these next couple of days. It just seems like it's a little bit crazy, and a little bit disorganized right now, but I'm sure that everything will be fabulous. I can't wait to step onto the stage of the Folly Theater tonight, I love going to the theater for the first time, I was telling Elaine this morning that it's always fun going to Tech and Dress rehearsals because you get to go on the stage for the first time, and it's always a really amazing perspective being the performer, because you ge to see the whole audience. I should invest in a camera, so I can take pictures of the chorus at the theater, and then I also want to take pictures of the view from the 38th floor of this building. I want to try and get one of those panoramic disposable cameras so that I can take the pictures of the view, and I want to try and make it 360 degrees, so that when I display those pictures, it will be a whole, wrap around view. I'll have to figure all of that out when the time comes. I really have nothing more to say at this point, I think this might be the last time I get to update my journal for a while because Pierceis taking the computer back today. I just wish that I could get some sort of access, other than that flipping WebTV. Anyway, if you have any questions, great thoughts, greatquotes, or anything that you would like to contribute to this page, or any other pages on this thing, feel free to let me know and I will be sure to add them. Thank you - and good night!

Comments

Popular Posts