The day that the Denver Boot reappears

There's a big difference between being selfish and simply demanding what's coming to you, Libra. You've worked very hard to get where you are, so don't be shy about asking for whatever compensation you feel you deserve. Fair is fair, and what's yours is yours. Don't be afraid to ask for a salary increase or to collect on an outstanding debt. When the Moon is in Libra, it's easy to defend yourself without being offensive. Try to get along with others, if possible.

I won't even comment on the horoscope. So I'm driving to work, and my phone rings, and I'm all "who is calling me at 730 in the morning?" So it's Yvette, and she is laughing hard, because she tells me that there is a large peice of yellow metal on the wheel of her car and she doesn't know what to do about it. So I tell her, honey, that's a Denver Boot, and they put it on there because you haven't paid parking tickets in a long time, and you have twenty four hours before they (the city of Chicago) tow your ass to an impound where they can charge you like fifty dollars a day storage.

Can you tell I've been through this before?

So she has no way of getting to work, and that's why she called me on my cell phone. Yvette cracks me up, because when stuff like this happens...and to tell you the truth, the city of Chicago is all about drama like that, I won't even go into the many dramas I've had surrounding cars, parking, towing, booting, impouding...etc. But all you have to know is that the evil monster city of Chicago took my car, and is about to take Yvette's car if she doesn't do something really quick. But anyway, I was making a point in that, whenever soemthing like this happens to Yvette, she just laughs. She doens't get all upset and karate chop the people, or do one of those moves that you hit the bridge of their nose and instantly kill them, she just laughs and says "dear god, what am I going to do?" I think it's because, living in Chicago, you just sort of get used to shit like that, and I was so used to stuff like that, I used to wake up and say "okay, what house is going to fall on me today." It sort of goes along with the trio page, in that, all of those experiences are crazy, but they all happened in the city limits of Chicago. I sometimes thank god that I moved away from that city. I guess it's like anything else, sometimes I'm thankful that I moved, and then sometimes I'm not. I'm just fickle. Another thing that happened yesterday was that I went and bought the car from the guy in the chorus. So anyway, I got the car back home, and I was toying around with it, so I tried to turn it back on, and it was struggling to start, so I called him up and I was not freaking out, but this morning the car wouldn't start. See what I mean about houses falling on me? So anyway, it wasn't a big deal, because I had Richard's car, but nonetheless, I still needed to call him, so I did, and I am going to pick up his charger and charge it all night tonight, and then see how it works tomorrow morning. I just got this email from the guy from LifeBeat

Hi William:

I am responding to your email regarding LIFEbeat's Hearts & Voices. First let me start off by commending you for your interest in being starting a similar program in Kansas City. At the moment we are not able to start a sister program in Kansas City. However I suggest that you start off by trying to do a show or two at a hospital and see how it goes.
We have experience working with Kansas City Free Clinic with our outreach program. Perhaps they can suggest where you can go to get started. The number there is 816-753-5144. I have a HIV/AIDS Resource book that lists a couple of hospitals have medical services for people with AIDS. I don't have any further knowledge of their services, and if they would be interested in having you perform for the patients. If you call them, ask for either their volunteer office or recreation/activities office. It's worth a call. They are:
Trinity Lutheran Hospital - 816-751-4600
Truman Medical Center West Infectious Disease Clinic 816-556-3554

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck.
Pete Solomita

Oh well, it's not a big deal, actually I sort of expected to get this response, and the last time I was trying to start to get this idea off the ground, I emailed them, and they gave me the free clinic number and I called them, and they didn't have any idea of what to do or who to call, so I'm on my own, but I have been since the beginning of this whole idea. I have a meeting with the events coordinator at the HOPE CARES center tomorrow after work, so I'm totally excited about that. Baby steps. Oh that's right, I forgot...what's his name...oh yeah....dumbfuck was in town today. On that political tangent,

Sen. Jesse Helms, one of the most powerful conservative voices in Congress, plans to retire when his term expires in 2003, Reuters learned Tuesday. Two sources who spoke with staffers in Helms' office said Tuesday the five-term Republican will announce his retirement plans Wednesday night on WRAL-TV. Helms, who turns 80 on Oct. 18, was first elected to the Senate in 1972. In recent years, he has suffered from a variety of health problems, including prostate cancer. Though the White House, the Republican National Committee and the GOP Senate campaign committee had not been notified directly about Helms' plans, several top Republicans told the AP they expected Helms to announce that he will not seek another term. Eddie Woodhouse, a Helms aide in Raleigh, refused to say what the televised remarks would involve. Helms' staff late Tuesday afternoon began telling senior Republicans, including Bush advisers, that he would not seek another term, according to two GOP sources. His departure would complicate GOP hopes of reclaiming the narrowly divided Senate. Democrats seized control by one vote when Sen. James Jeffords of Vermont left the GOP to become an independent. Another senior Republican incumbent, 98-year-old Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina, has said he will not seek re-election next year. Helm's departure would clear the way for failed presidential candidate Elizabeth Dole to seek the GOP nomination. Republican officials were hoping to avoid a nasty primary fight between Dole and former Sen. Lauch Faircloth, who was defeated in 1998 by Democrat John Edwards. Republicans are defending 20 Senate seats in 2002, including Thurmond's. Democrats are defending 14, none of them open. In the Senate, Helms has been a staunch opponent of communist regimes and critic of foreign aid and used the chairmanship of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which he held from 1995 until this year, to promote his views. Although he mellowed somewhat in recent years, Helms saw himself as a family values stalwart and he took to the floor often to condemn what he called gay lifestyles. He was seen as unsympathetic to civil rights generally, and vigorously fought the use of tax dollars to subsidize what he considered indecent art, and he was a hard-liner in foreign affairs and outspoken critic of the United Nations.

can I can get an

AMEN?

Comments

Popular Posts