The day that Richard goes out of town for a day

Wednesday - August 1, 2001 | The day that Richard goes out of town for a day

Libra,August 1
Utilize this talent by having something worthwhile to speak about. Career changes may backfire. Do not make decisions that will affect your status. You need time to stabilize your position before you take any chances. Consider the consequences. Opportunities to change your lifestyle will be to your benefit.

Well my baby is going out of town...he's going to Chicago for a day, to be involved in this program with Cathi Horton, and all those gals down at Imagination Studio's. They're apparently staying at the Renissance Hotel right on Wacker Drive, so that should be wonderful for them to be right downtown and in the midst of all the hoopla of downtown Chicago. I don't have that much going on tonight, I am going to a meeting at the chorus office, concerning the chorus website because I think that they want to update it or redesign it, and I told them that I would love to help with that whole process. So that's at 7pm at the chorus office, and after that, I have no plans whatsoever. There was talk about going to the bar after the meeting..in the emails from the various people that were going to attend the meetings, but I don't know if that's such a great idea to go bar-hopping during the week. We'll see what happens. I'll probably just get back to the the big black boy that we have at home, and just hang out with him. I told Richard not to put him up in the kennel because I would love to take care of him, when he leaves...so Richard decided not to kennel the Ahab. This is a story about the Boy Scouts banning gays in their organization. You can pretty much chronicle this whole story by going to the shepard page on my website, or go to the links page and go to the Supreme Court dockets. Or click on the picture to go immediately to the story. Fascinating how people can be so discriminatory and all in the name of protecting children, and self righteousness.
Oh no, I just found out this too...

LONDON, Aug. 1
— Britain’s Queen Mother Elizabeth was admitted to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of anemia. Her office played down fears over the health of Queen Elizabeth II’s hugely popular mother, who celebrates her 101st birthday this weekend.

“THERE IS NO cause for alarm,” said the Queen Mother’s private secretary, Sir Alistair Aird. The Queen Mother, wearing a blue hat and dress, was driven in her black Bentley to King Edward VII Hospital in central London for treatment. She was helped from the car but walked unaided into the private hospital. The length of her stay will depend on the doctors’ assessment of her condition, her office at Clarence House said. “The Queen Mother is hopeful of being able to undertake her usual birthday appearances outside Clarence House on Saturday,” her office said.
When Clarence House announced the Queen Mother was suffering from heat exhaustion on Tuesday and had been advised to rest, her staff moved quickly to reassure Britons that the widow of King George VI was fine. “She’s fine and up and about,” William Tallon, the Queen Mother’s long-serving steward, told reporters outside Clarence House on Tuesday. “She really is fine. People shouldn’t worry,” Tallon said. For the past week, temperatures have been above 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) — a heat wave by British standards. The Queen Mother had remained active despite the high temperatures. She had visited the Ascot horse races over the weekend, and attended a flower show with her grandson Prince Charles. Additionally, her lavish home near Buckingham Palace does not have air conditioning. Despite her age, the Queen Mother has suffered few serious health problems. Last November, she broke her collar bone during a fall at her home. She also had two hip replacements when in her 90s — the last in 1998 at King Edward VII Hospital. On her birthday, she traditionally comes out to meet well-wishers who gather outside the house.


So that's a bit amusing. So anyway, I just thought of this, and I have been sort of been thinking about this for months now, and it's finally coming together. Ever since I moved from Chicago, I've wanted to start a project that I thought up, and I think it's going to come to fruition soon enough. Last week, I think it was last week..it was last Friday...the day before Richard's mother died, he played a benefit for an AIDS hospice here in KC called HOPECARES center or something like that, I forget what the exact name of it was. So anyway, this was a couple months ago, and I was watching Kansas City's public television station, and there was a show that I had seen before called "In the Life" (which is probably on the web somewhere...I just don't have the site) So In the Life is a gay themed show, and this time it had on performers in New York, who were performing for AIDS patients. They were saying that they got such a wonderful feeling from performing for them, and gave them a sense of pride for themselves and a sense of community as well. So I thought "why can't we start something like that here in Kansas City??" This was a couple of months ago, and that night when I saw that program, I emailed a bunch of people.....and I got some responses, but these people that I emailed were from NEw York, and they didn't have any information about Kansas City issues. They just told me to go to the Free Clinic and gave me their fax number. That didn't help much. Ok, so this brings me back to the concert that Friday. So the concert was for an AIDS hospice here in Kansas City, and I spoke with the director of the home, Judy Pearson, and I inquired about maybe doing a performance or two, with Richard....here and there, and she was fantastically enthusiastic about it, and I was too! So my idea I think, is going to take off. I also met a woman that night, who I ran the idea by, who was a singer, who wanted to sing with me as well, so I thought what a brilliant side note, to a wonderful performance! I am so excited about this, I can't stand even talking about it, because it was one of those things that you think of in your mind, and now it's going to come into fruition, and I think it's only bound to take off. I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts