The day that the Rosen family welcomes a new addition!

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Today is a 7. Let your partner take the lead while you whisper instructions. You'll win the dance competition, or the Oscar, or whatever it is that you're after.

There's really not much to report, at least in the beginning of the day today. Just when you think that, a new BABY comes in the picture! I am going to go see that Chrysler that what's his name from the chorus is selling, I just have a really good feeling about it, and I think that I'll probably wind up buying it from him. I just have to get my finances in order, to get organized, so I can pay him. I think that they are in order, I just have to organize them myself, on paper. I get paid on friday, thank you jesus, and then I'll be in a much better position to pay, or make payments. I talked with the George and Mindy show last night, and they are getting increasingly excited about taking their show on the road to Kansas City. (for people who are wondering who I'm talking about, the George and Mindy show is my parents; I've referred to them many times as the George and Mindy show..now I just use that as a default phrase, and it cracks me, as well as them up.) So they are coming the weekend of the 18th of August, so that's coming up very quickly. I also made my skydiving reservation for the 20th of October as well, I am terribly excited about that, to be able to jump out of the plane again. I am going to do the tandem jump now, where you go with the instructor, and you go up to 10,000 feet, instead of the jump I did last time, where you go by yourself, and you go only to 3-4,000 feet. I am totally excited. Just typing that makes me totally excited. This is what the website says:

It's up to 9,500 feet with your instructor for a dual parachute jump. After a 35 second freefall at speeds 120 - 150 mph you will have a 5 to 7 minute parachute decent. You will have the option of activating the parachute system yourself. Whether you pull the cord yourself of leave it up to one of our licensed professional, you'll love the experience of modern day skydiving.

I think we have a baby!

Greetings Friends of Thom, Sue and (soon-to-be) Madi, The expectant parents are at the hospital. Sue started having contractions last night at 3am and they checked into the hospital around 7. They broke Sue's water around 8:30. She's at 3+ centimeters. So it looks like today is going to be Madi's birthday! So send your thoughts and prayers for a speedy delivery Sue's way and hopefully you'll receive an update to this info sooner rather then later (at least for Sue's sake). -Andrea (Sue's sister)
P.S. They are at Prentiss Womens Hospital (part of Northwestern Memorial Hospital) in Chicago.

Woo hoo, so this is the first report of the new baby! Hopefully I'll get some more updates up on here soon enough! I just got finished with the Dalai Lama's book "Ethics for a New Millenium" and it was one of the most amazing books I've read in a long time, and also made me much more aware of the plight of the Tibetan people. Here is an excerpt from the book:

Consider the following. We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others’ actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others’ activities. For this reason it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others. Nor is it so remarkable that our greatest joy should come when we are motivated by concern for others. But that is not all. We find that not only do altruistic actions bring about happiness but they also lessen our experience of suffering. Here I am not suggesting that the individual whose actions are motivated by the wish to bring others’ happiness necessarily meets with less misfortune than the one who does not. Sickness, old age, mishaps of one sort or another are the same for us all. But the sufferings which undermine our internal peace anxiety, doubt, disappointment these things are definitely less. In our concern for others, we worry less about ourselves. When we worry less about ourselves an experience of our own suffering is less intense. What does this tell us? Firstly, because our every action has a universal dimension, a potenial impact on others’ happiness, ethics are necessary as a means to ensure that we do not harm others. Secondly, it tells us that genuine happiness consists in those spiritual qualities of love, compassion, patience, tolerance and forgiveness and so on. For it is these which provide both for our happiness and others’ happiness. - His Holiness, The Dalai Lama"


SaveTibet.org
Tibet.com
The Tibetan Official Flag
http://www.savetibet.org
Tibet Portrait
Friends of Tibet
http://www.tibet.com

On sort of a funny note, I just read this news report:

Kitten Survives 20-Minute Spin in Washing Machine COPENHAGEN (Reuters)
- A kitten which jumped into a washing machine unnoticed by its owner survived a 20-minute tumble in piping hot water, a Danish paper reported on Wednesday. ``He was screaming but I could not open the machine,'' owner Bianca Marten said. When she finally got three-month-old Sylvester out of the washer he was dizzy and blue from lack of oxygen. The temperature of the water was 70 degrees Celsius (158.00F) during his ordeal, the tabloid B.T. said. Sylvester recovered after treatment at a veterinary clinic in western Denmark. But apparently he has still not learned his lesson as he jumped straight back into the washing machine on returning home. ``Now I will always check he is not there before starting my washing machine,'' Marten said.

Comments

Popular Posts