Labor Day Weekend

Libra enters a boom-or-bust cycle at the height of the good times. Pick up the clues that the universe has left for you to follow. In a positively charged environment, romance is everywhere.

I have so much to say it's not right. You are so wrong you're right! So anyway...I went out with Lisa..we went to Genghis Khan on 39th. Let's just say fabulous. We gossiped, talked about where we were in our lives, and if we wanted to move out of Kansas City. We moved on to the little jazz bar..I think it was called "Jazz" anyway, it's right on the corner there by the G.Khan, and we started to drink tanqueray and tonics. So it didn't take too long before we were a bit loopy. So we were just talking and then this woman came up to the corner of the bar, and was lighting up a cigarette, and I didn't really notice her until she walked to the side of us and I noticed what to me, was the most shocking, and upsetting fact. She was pregnant. Now, before you start, let me just say that I know that it's none of my business and I know that I'm prying into other people's bizznatch, but whatever with that. This woman was smoking like a fiend, in the time that we were there, she smoked like six cigarettes with her husband, and then she brough her 'other' three year old child to the bar, and was blowing smoke in his face too. I just couldn't believe it. Oh yea, and she was drinking too, she totally took a shot of something. I was just watching her, but not being too obvious in my stunned silence. After a while, I just couldn't handle it anymore, I just stopped looking in her direction. It was upsetting. I know....I know....just because it's none of my business boo hoo. Then we were discussing where the line was in situations like that, and she wanted to go up to the woman and tell her, and I said no, that she knew what she was doing, and she was just making a conscious choice to smoke and drink while she was pregnant. So infuriating. There are people in the world who would give their arm for a child, and then people so callously treat their children like that. Lovely. I'll step off my soap box now. I am going down to Osawatomie with Richard tonight, to help him with the garage sale that he is having at his mothers house tomorrow. We'll go down tonight after he gets out of his rehearsal tonight, and have the sale tomorrow, all day. Come back saturday night, and then spend saturday/sunday night at home.

oh yeah, and I slept last night, I had a dream about Kathy Kuceba, in the late hours of the morning. Kathy Kuceba was a lunch lady at my grammar school. I haven't thought about that school, or that name, since I was at that school. That's right, since 1980

Comments

Popular Posts