The day that I almost had a fit driving to work

LIBRA - Today is a perfect day to make some interesting social contacts. In your business life, it's a good day for networking and connecting with other people in your field. You could attract some new clients or get some good ideas for running your business. In your personal life, you could meet some like-minded folks who might share many of your views. Be open to friendly gatherings with them, because they could become great pals. One thing to keep in mind today is that you should not judge people by their looks. Behind an ordinary looking face might be a genius brain! Give people a chance to show who they are before you turn your back on them!

Okay, so I'm driving to work this morning, minding my own business, driving down Metcalf in OPKS, when I'm stopped at a light (The light happens to be 75th street.) So I'm just sitting at the light, when I see this limo/taxi come from the gas station on the West side of Metcalf (and on the south side of 75th) come from out of the gas station, and cross over two lanes to get to the left hand turn lane, and turn left on 75th. This would have been fine, but what happened in the process is what pissed me off. The guy was stretching the limit of my patience anyway, but then, he got into the left hand turn lane, and somehow hit my car. I didn't see how he hit me, I just heard it, and felt it in the car too. By the time I had reacted to what had happened, he had already flown into the left hand turn lane, and tore off. He knew he hit me and that's why he tore off as fast as he did. So I was like "that guy just HIT me" and so I entertained thoughts of following him, but the oncoming lanes had already started to pull through the intersection, and there was no way that I could have caught him. So I pulled over and checked the car, and there was no damage, but that is SO not the point. It just pisses me off to know that people have such a lack of respect for other people's property. The guy didn't even look back and even wave or anything, he just tore off, knowing that he hit somebody else's car, and went about his day. Fucking taxi drivers. All I know is that it was a black Lincoln, who was at the gas station at 75th. It was a black Lincoln with a lettering on the side, so I assume it was a taxi service. Still pisses me off. I have a good mind to call all the taxi services in the area, and track him down, but since there was no damage, there's really no point. Anyway, I've been trying to get in touch with Kristin Gray.....god...who, the last time I heard anything from, was living in Colorado Springs, CO. I am trying to get back in touch with her, after a long hiatus.

One Chicago Train Rear-Ends Another
CHICAGO (AP) — An elevated train struck another one during morning rush hour Friday just north of the city's downtown Loop, injuring at least 13 people and leaving many commuters stranded. The two six-car trains did not derail and there were no immediate reports of life-threatening injuries. But hundreds of passengers were stranded on the trains that collided just after 9 a.m. and on other trains along the elevated line that were stopped after the accident. ``There was a really loud boom and there was smoke everywhere,'' said Yvette Pughsley, who was walking nearby when she witnessed the crash. ``The cars were rocking and I thought 'Oh my God, it's going to turn over.' If it was going any faster, they would have turned over.'' It was unclear how fast the trains were going or if an operator missed a stop signal, said Anne McCarthy, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Transit Authority. ``That will come out in the investigation,'' she said. Two passengers were in good condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and four more were en route there, said spokesman Jason Bernstein. Two more people were at Grant Hospital, and five more were expected there and at a third hospital. Fire Chief Dennis Gault said the injuries being reported are bumps, bruises, cuts and neck and back problems. He said there were no immediate reports of more serious injuries. After the accident, passengers could be seen standing in the open doors of the trains while rescuers with ladders helped them down to the street below. Other trains were stalled on the lines and left powerless in the wake of the accident, leaving hundreds of commuters to swelter in packed cars with no air conditioning. By late morning, the trains involved in the crash were being moved to a nearby station so more passengers could be removed.

So anyway, there's not much else going on. Lisa and Richard and I are supposed to be going out tonight, for a drink at the bar...so I'm looking forward to that. I just got an email from the woman at the Hope Cares center, and we are going to try to set up an informational meeting for the performance out there at the Center.

Hi Bill: I thought you would be interested in this. I will be out of town the week of the 13th but will call you and set something up for the following week. Tell me what is best for you and Richard: Early evening, weekends, late afternoon, etc. We will make it work. I am excited. Judy P.

I am so excited about this....now I need to start perparing something for this extravaganza. I know that Richard will help me, I just need to organize this in my mind first, and then start writing things down. Do I want it to be a short program? and then of course, what am I going to sing? I think I'll have to work on this this weekend. Saturday, Richard and I have talked about going and looking at new cars for a while. I need to buy a new car, so I was going to look at the Kia's and some other cars..I don't know what I am going to do. It's so frustrating to have this sudden expense sort of forced on me, when I had no plans on doing that..my car was paid off, and I had nothing in the forseeable future. Ah well, if I can just release it, then it'll all work out. That's what I just have to remember to do. Release it, it'll all work out. Getting my car stolen was just an opportunity that presented itself, now I have to work with the universe, and just change my perception about it! God, this is exactly what I needed, at exactly when I needed: a little perk up from my friend Aaron! Funny how life presents things exactly when you need them:

-----Original Message----- From: ALSmith [mailto:ALSmith@tribune.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:30 AM
To: william.k.rosen
Cc: ALSmith
Subject: Train collision

Those two trains HAD to have been Brown lines or Purple lines, from the intersection mentioned in the picture (Oak/Orleans). The Red Line is underground by that point. SUCH shitty service on CTA these days...and they're actually considering a rate hike! For what? Shitty service? I can just send lots of letters through the USPS if I want lousy service at higher prices... Guess you've heard about yesterday's deluge here...pretty awful! I couldn't find my umbrella at home and I was running late, so I thought, "Well right now, it's just kind of overcast...maybe I'll chance it and the bus will get here before it starts." After all, I only have to cross the street to catch it.

I no sooner stepped out the front door when I was drenched--as if somebody had just thrown many buckets of water on me! I was soaked--sopping--sodden--before I EVEN crossed the street to the bus stop. And there was the customary 10-minute wait for the next bus. Lake Shore Drive was backed up and it took 1 1/2 hours to get to work! The windows on the bus were all fogged up, and we were sliding around on the road and stuff. Many people had to leave work early because of flooding in their basements. I guess it's good that I live on the third floor! Until such time as a tornado actually DOES hit...then I won't be so happy.

I was sorry to hear about the Careless Cab Driver--but then, they're all such mercenary assholes. I'm glad there was no damage to your car. Did they ever find your other car (Sue Ellen)? What a drag that it was stolen--couldn't believe that!
Well, I'll talk to you again soon. Take care!
Aaron :-)

well I am in a better mindset now. I keep on running into Jarie Newsome, from church. It's so funny because we keep running into each other, when we both need to, at completely random times. We both like to go to lunch late in the day, and we both arrive at the cafeteria...completely independantly, and completely unplanned. Then we see eachother, and it's like, this keeps on happening over and over...I love it. She's such a wonderful soul, so peaceful. It's always a wonderful thing to run into Jarie.

Comments

Popular Posts